Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: any EBF mommas NOT wait?

we started solids at 4 months with dd. #1 she was obsessed with food and would cry whenever DH and i were eating #2 she was going through all my frozen BM so fast we would have had to supplement with formula while i was at work, i would have rather start her on solids at 4 months than to use formula

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 11-14-2012 at 07:33 PM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
c&w's mama
Registered Users

Originally Posted by mom@37 View Post
Wow- c &w's mama- 3 weeks!!! wow, things really have changed! Thanks for sharing.

Great to hear that everyone is kind of all over the board, really, it helps because it shows there really is no "right" or "wrong".
hehe. MIL likes to tell the story of going into the pedi's office for a check up. DH's pedi said he was ready to try cereal at 4 months and MIL said-- what do you mean? we're about to start meat! apparently his eyes popped right out of his head!

Dh isn't that old I work with other people from the mid west who were also fed cereal at 3 weeks.

I think all the mamas on here are "right"
a happy mama with
thanks DH
Will almost always trade for yarn (vanilla. peppermint.)
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
Registered Users

My ds lost weight between 4 and 6 months. My pedi said not to worry but to just start doing more food to help supplement and get his weight up. By the time he weaned, I'm pretty sure he was hardly getting any milk from me (he weaned around 11 mos and went straight to solids, no formula because he was close to a year). I'm thinking now it was probably worst thing I could have done! I think now I should have worked on getting my supply back up and then worried about food later. I know that's a little off topic but does anyone have advice on that? Or thoughts?
fwm0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
Registered Users
he was on to BLW. He was sitting up unassisted by 4 months old, so it was a good fit for him.
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

All 4 of my kids started solids at 4 weeks so 3 weeks doesn't surprise me at all.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
Miss squish
Registered Users
We started ds just over 5 mo. He was more than ready and very excited to eat. We do some purées and cereal as well as giving him pieces of food to feed himself. Now at 6 months he is not a fan of purées and really only wants to feed himself. He doesn't get a whole lot but he enjoys trying and is getting better and better about actually consuming more of the food than the dog
I had planned on 6 months no exceptions. But he was ready. It was starting to feel rude to eat around him. But it we had offered food and he pushed it out or choked or refused we would have continued to wait and not pushed it.
sahm to Maxwell 5/4/12
Miss squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:
We started giving DD some solids around 5 mos, but it was a very laid back blw kind of thing. Literally we would say, i wonder what she would do with this... It was more like a new way to play with her, not a way to get calories in. Ie sliced cucumber, rib bone, cracker, rice... Whatever we were eating we would give her some, with zero expectation that she would actually ingest anything. She was clearly interested and had the motor control etc.
It was fun but once we got the first non ebf poops i realized we should have waited if only for selfish reasons :-p
+ + +
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #18
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
My Mood:

Both of my kids we completely not interested in solids until 9-10 months. We introduced them around 5-6 months and got nothing but screams and runny stools. Neither are allergic to anything and both are great eaters I nursed my daughter for 5 months (I dried up about 3 months into my second pregnancy) and my son self weaned at 11 1/2 months. I think you do what works for you and your baby. Every child is different and while the "norm" my call for one behavior it could be harmful for other children. There is absolutely no way my kids could've been on table food before a year old. They choked (and had a mouthful of teeth) on meat and crusty bread regularly until 14 months.
Cindy wife to B Mommy to C 3/10 S 3/11 K 4/13 due 10/15
cdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
Registered Users

We started solids at 4.5 months. My dd was acting like she was starving (I promise she wasn't) so we started some cereal. She likes her food.
tmg424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:

My oldest was fine but formula fed mostly after first 3 to 6 month..... 2nd I tried at 4month but no interest in cereal as being ebf by me/ expressed milk. All I have as input.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote