Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

natural adhesive bandages or alternatve?

My sons and I have very sensitive skin. On most abrasions we just use a natural healing salve or nothing at all, but when something is bleeding, or when we need to put on a messier salve (like ichthamol for infections or poisonous bug bites) we need bandages. However, I have been noticing that things are taking longer to heal because I am having a bad reaction to the adhesive on bandaids. I'm sure this has been the problem with a few of my son's bug bites that seem to take weeks to heal. Does anyone know of a natural brand, with a less irritating adhesive? Is there any kind without plastic? Or what do you use instead?

Advertisement

Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
batsilvermoon
Registered Users
Formerly:batmomof3
seller

Re: natural adhesive bandages or alternatve?

I have a bad reaction too them as well as do all my kids... I cant wait for some suggestions too
batsilvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Well, it'll cover more space, and might be awkward, but what about using gauze and then taping it so the tape is only on the gauze?
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

I have better luck with the fabric bandaids than the plasticy ones. Not sure if it's a different adhesive or if I'm *really* reacting to latex or something in the plasticy ones. I also take bandaids off AS SOON as I can.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
kanga1622
Registered Users

I have to use coband instead of bandages. Coband is stretchy but only sticks to itself. Add a little gauze underneath and it is my favorite solution.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum