Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
brittrblackwell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BladderInfection

Found out I have a small bladder infection. I have been drinking straight cranberry juice, but wanted to know if there was anything else I could do?
Thanks

Advertisement

brittrblackwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: BladderInfection

I've not tried it myself but have read good things about taking D-Mannose along with cranberry. I also imagine that various natural antibiotics could assist.

"D-Mannose is a simple sugar that occurs naturally in some plants, including cranberries. Although small amounts of D-Mannose are metabolized by the human body, much of it is rapidly excreted in the urine. In the bladder, D-Mannose can adhere to undesirable foreign substances, preventing them from sticking to the lining of the bladder. Because insubstantial amounts of D-Mannose are used by the body, it does not interfere with blood sugar regulation."
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
LinnyLou02
Registered Users
seller

LOTS of water to flush out the bacteria. I have had many many bladder, uti and kidney infections and that is what always worked along with cranberry juice and eating a few garlic cloves until gone (antibacterial).
LinnyLou02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
brittrblackwell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies, I haven't heard of garlic, I'm going to have to start that tonight! Not sure the health store will be open any time soon but hopefully It would be gone by them. D-mannose will probably be added to my little med box as I get uti's and bladder allot.
brittrblackwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
PajammaGramma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always used the cranberry juice/water flush out and usually felt so much better within 24 hours. Have not heard about the garlic. Knock on wood.....I haven't had one in quite some time, but I will have to write down the garlic for future reference!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Garlic, oregano oil, goldenseal, etc. are all natural antibiotics applicable to any number of situations, although they all have drawbacks. The first has quite the smell and often produces stomach upset, the second stomach upset and iron depletion, etc. But used sparingly when there is a real problem that needs to be hit, they can be quite good for you and can boost the effectiveness of whatever other condition-specific treatments you are using .
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
snugwee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter says she feels like she has to potty all the time. Maybe the D-Mannose would help her...? Worth a try.

www.snugwee.com
"Like it was made just for your baby!"
snugwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
Funnyfarmmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE D-Mannose!! Since my chiropractor suggested me taking it for bladder infections its been a permanent in my medicine cabinet! Works quickly for me Also definitely second the garlic as well. Feel better soon!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I recently had a bladder infection turn into a kidney infection in less than 24 hours. None of the things I tried did anything. I had not heard of the D-Mannose but I know that of I had not been placed on abx I would have been hospitalized.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I'm having a bladder/kidney issue right now and am drinking water and cranberry juice and swallowing garlic cloves a few times a day. It's getting better.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote