Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
vanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Who WOULDN'T pay $2 more for new??

Am I a weirdo? Maybe I'm just extravagant.... I've done a LOT of diaper shopping lately....dd needed larges all the sudden, new baby due in 4 weeks...I'm pretty much on the FSOT boards all the time ...

So, say I'm looking for 6 small fuzzi bunz (this IS hypothetical). I can pay $14.95 each and get a free insert, free shipping, sometimes even 5% off with coupon codes...this seems pretty standard for new FB. If I buy a package deal, they are even cheaper. I might be able to pay $14 or so each new, no shipping. So WHY would I pay $14 or even $13 or EVEN $12 for used ones, with no inserts, etc.....isn't the brand new fluff worth it? or am I just a mad spender....I see stuff like this ALL the time, on all brands of diapers. I CAN understand it for wahm products, which are harder to get, may be one of a kind, etc- I WOULD even pay almost retail (or retail, heck!) to get something like that.

So here's a poll....who really wants to save $2 or less and buy used? No flames if you do, that's fine, I'm just curious!!

Advertisement

Anna 5/16/04
Sara 7/11/06
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who WOULDN'T pay $2 more for new??

If the new stuff came with all that stuff (inserts, free shipping etc) I would spend the extra $2. But I have never seen anywhere give out inserts w/o charging more for the dipe. But I don't do that much brand new dipe shopping either And most places only offer free shipping if you spend x amount of $. Sometimes I only need 1 or 2 dipes, kwim? So in that case I would buy used.

BTW, where is this place that gives ya all the extras? I might want to buy new someday...
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For things like FBs and other like pockets i usually buy new unless i see one for maybe 10ppd. I'd rather pay $14 new with insert and free shipping and KNOW exactly what kind of condition it is in.

For a NEW dipe a mama is selling here that just didn't fit right or something i would pay close to retail but thats about the only time.

But i bought some FF pockets used and near the new price cause they are harder to get ahold of. I also bought them from a mama i trust so that made it easier for me and they were still in EUC!

I usually buy new unless its something hard to find or a GREAT price cause a couple dollars isn't worth it to me for a used dipe.
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMer
If the new stuff came with all that stuff (inserts, free shipping etc) I would spend the extra $2. But I have never seen anywhere give out inserts w/o charging more for the dipe. But I don't do that much brand new dipe shopping either And most places only offer free shipping if you spend x amount of $. Sometimes I only need 1 or 2 dipes, kwim? So in that case I would buy used.

BTW, where is this place that gives ya all the extras? I might want to buy new someday...
i know there are more but abbys lane and nickies diapers have free shipping and free inserts on their pockets.
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I buy mostly new too. Nickisdiapers has free shipping and free inserts with all pocket diapers. Occasionally she has percent off sale to go with it. I can see paying close to full price for diapers that are hard to come by, such as peewells. I would never pay $17.50 for a used swaddlebee fitted that retails for $18.95. I saw that listed for sale somewhere. For diapers that are easily available, I would pay no more than 2/3 retail price and that's only if it is EUC, no stains.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
vanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nickisdiapers.com has free inserts, free shipping on pockets...

diaperjunction.com has free inserts, and free shipping over $50

cotton babies has free inserts, but you have to spend $75 for free shipping...

granolababies.com has free inserts, and free shipping after $20

Maybe I shop too much, LOL...
Anna 5/16/04
Sara 7/11/06
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I dont remember the last time I bought used off the board. Usually, what I want DS doesnt have or flat out - I just like having new. Where I KNOW what the condition is, and what Im getting is EXACTLY what I want. No speculation.
But, if people are really in a money jam 2 dollars here and 3 dollars there even 1 dollar will save money! So, you gotta do what you gotta do.
I bought off the board a TON when we first started CDing because I didnt know what worked. At that time I'd rather save a little m oney where I could and then if it worked I went and bought more that were new.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #9
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would pay new prices then overpriced used. My friend was looking into buying some FB in crappy condition for $8 each (this is after she talked the lady down) and I told her there is no way I would pay that much for them.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #10
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

ITA, I usually buy new because the "discount" price for used usually isn't worth it to me, especially if I can get free shipping and a free insert with a new dipe. I don't have any hard to come by diapers, mostly FBs, 1 BG, a few Kushies AIO and some Bumkins (which I bought used for a great price). I seem to be the oddball in that I prefer Kushies AIOs and have seen it several times where someone is asking MORE than the new price (or the wal-mart new price anyways). If I but used, I want $4+ discount for used for it seem like a good deal to me, unless I am buying a ton and then the savings would add up. JMO.