Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #11
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who WOULDN'T pay $2 more for new??

So how much would you pay for a euc/vguc pocket? I say $10 is about my limit for used...

Advertisement

Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #12
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I mostly buy new for that reason, but sometimes I'll buy off fsot for something harder to get.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #13
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

We mostly buy new just because they're gonna' go through more than one kid. Unless I'm saving $4 or so in a NB or small size, I buy it new. In those sizes (especially NB), I'm not AS picky about 'em being used because they are used for such a short amount of time.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

ive bought mostly used and just started being able to afford new the end of december, i will pay $10-$11 for a used pocket, i have paid $17 for a used roo on ebay when i first started cd, i used to overpay, not knowing though since i was new to it all, but i will pay up to $13ppd for a rare wonderoo
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #15
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would think most new cd'ing mamas would pay a "too high amount for used" because they are unaware of the prices for new for that certain dipe. And I am speaking from experience...I have been buying dipes like crazy (expecting first baby any day now) and at the beginning, I would buy ones that I am sure now were overpriced. Just because I didn't know and wasn't sure of the different types, assumed everyone was very honest with regards to condition of the dipes, etc.

I bought some kissaluvs fitteds some time ago from a different site for probably... $6 a piece. Thought they would be great, but now realize that they were probably used through at least two families. They aren't fluffy at all, and I am worried they won't absorb as well as new. But i thought the price was good and that they would last forever or something. Now I wish I had just bought the new ones. Ah well, live and learn.

Also...I will easily pay the used price if the design is way cute or something you dont see very often. For example...I would pay a higher amount for something girly with dogs on it. Why can't I find anything girly with dogs???
Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #16
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is why i never buy used anymore i did at first but now i realize i rarely use the used diapers i bought cause theyre not as nice as the ones i a bought new for exampled i bought a used fb and if i would have spent an extra $1.50 i would have gotten a brand new one plus free insert and i know what im getting. Buying used i guess is just not my thing i hate buying something and not exactly knowing the condition of the item you know
Old 06-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I always google if it is something I haven't heard of before or can't remember the new price so I can be sure that I am getting a good deal. If anyone were to watch my buys they would see I tend to only buy $5 or less/item used. LOL, it just seems to be my "magic number" .
Old 06-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #18
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

so far I've only bought new, I bought my first used the other day on here, same reasons as others listed, freebies, you KNOW the condition...
Old 06-15-2006, 01:30 PM   #19
lararum
Banned

If I buy used dipes they have to be at least half or less of the original cost, they're used! Now, I would pay more for used wool. As long as it seems to be in good condition. I guess I might pay more for something that is highly desirable used, like an embroidered mutt, but I usually talk myself out of that.
I wouldn't buy FBs used unless I knew the seller I think. You can get some pretty good package deals for the 'name brand' dipes.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #20
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM here on DS.... I spent hours searching last night & people wanted only about $4 off the new retail price for used stained up dipes.... I finally gave up...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote