Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #21
vanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who WOULDN'T pay $2 more for new??

Within the last few weeks, I've found some deals that made it TOTALLY worth it to me to buy used. I'll give examples:

6 XS fuzzi bunz- all arrived in EUC, one had a small stain that is gone already in the sun. I paid right around 50 for the lot. That seemed pretty good to me, if I'd had more time I would have held out longer

6 small fuzzi bunz in good shape- no wear and tear issues, some are a tad dingy, but very much useable and look good. $5 EACH! That was a very nice price.

I've also found 8 motherease AIO's, in good shape, not new but not worn out at ALL, all of them for around $5 each.

With prices like that I'll buy used every time. Heck, I LIKE to buy used, but only if it's cheaper. I have a whole stash of nikky covers, 6-8 of each size, and I didn't pay more than $5 for any of them. I could not/wouldn't afford them new.....so it's a real blessing to find everything I need for good prices, and when I'm done with it (if I ever am, LOL) I'll try to pass it along!

I'm not saying people need to give their stuff away, though! Just in all of my selling, I've learned that once my kid has pooped on something, it's just not worth as much...the more poop, the less it's worth

Advertisement

Anna 5/16/04
Sara 7/11/06

Last edited by vanilla; 06-15-2006 at 02:46 PM.
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #22
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I like to buy new. Unless something like FF which I bought off of FSOT barely used, because those you have to wait for.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #23
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'm the odd ball. If something is in EC, no stains then I don't mind paying only a couple dollars less than new. To me two bucks is two bucks, and it's a form of recycle/reuse/reduce. The way I see it is it's supporting a mom that probably either needs the cash or needs other dipes. I guess I've been blessed that the only crappy dipes I've ever bought used were the el cheapo ones (found great deals too). Now I wouldn't pay a couple dollars less for stains, holes, etc.

I never buy large package deals, etc so maybe that makes a difference too.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:26 PM   #24
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceNzanesmom
I never buy large package deals, etc so maybe that makes a difference too.
Me too!! I usually at most have $20-$30 to spend on dipes so I depend on EUC used dipes so I can get 2-3 rather than just 1 (tax, shipping, etc) since I'm VERY loyal to a local diaper shop WAHM, if I'm gonna buy new and she has it, I buy it there. It just seems *right* to me if I'm gonna buy new to buy from a good WAHM who's now my friend.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #25
vanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=raceNzanesmom]I guess I'm the odd ball. If something is in EC, no stains then I don't mind paying only a couple dollars less than new. To me two bucks is two bucks, and it's a form of recycle/reuse/reduce. The way I see it is it's supporting a mom that probably either needs the cash or needs other dipes. QUOTE]

That's a good point
Anna 5/16/04
Sara 7/11/06
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #26
suzhatch1
Registered Users
seller

When we first started CDing, I wanted to try a bunch of stuff - like 1 of this brand, and 1 of that....so FSOT is FABULOUS! No huge shipping charges, you can buy 1 or 2 dipes here or there. And I would still look for good deals, but I'd say if it was EUC, no stains & only a couple months old tops then I'd pay up to 75% of the new retail price. Sometimes that worked out to only $2-$4 off per dipe but it worked for me!

However, now that we've tweeked our stash and know what we like, I'm much more particular and so I buy new for that reason - I know what I'm getting and I can pick it exactly, and I figure that extra $5-$10 new per diaper is worth it to me, IMO.

But I'll still buy from FSOT & pay a decent amount if I see something rare that I'm ISO - or something unique or custom, or from a WAHM that has a long wait list or something like that.

Last edited by suzhatch1; 06-15-2006 at 05:55 PM.
suzhatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #27
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I agree, I'd rather buy new. If you're buying a ton, you could save some bucks, but I've had some bad experiences buying used, KWIM? But I have to say, I'm glad someone's buying them! I need to sell some to buy more!!
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
pfratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought some used ones here for $10 and they were in great condition. I definitely wouldn't have spent more than that if they were used.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #29
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me it all depends on how much I have to spend. Let's say I only have 10 dollars in the paypal account and someone is selling a good diaper for that or less. I would never get a new diaper for that amount new. Most of Bruce's diapers were bought new but, I have found some really good deals on here as well.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #30
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

If you can find a decent deal its worth it used, but i usually figure for a loss of a dollar or 2 when its all said and done is worth being the first person to use it. Fuzzi bunz used go for 13.00 on ebay, so they keep their high value.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote