Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Talk Me Down ~~ Feel Free to Post Your Stash-Related Questions, too!

I recently destashed an ENORMOUS amount of diapers. About half my BGE's, a bunch of thirsties duo pockets, all the outgrown newborn prefolds and covers, a pile of misc diapers I wasn't using, plus I also gave away a handful of stuff.

Anyhow, I'm reasonably happy with what's left for 2 in diapers part time outside of daycare, but I'm continually trying to think of ways to simplify further.

I have a love-hate relationship with pockets. Right now I have about 15 4.0's. I use them for nights for my 3 month old and as a quick-change for my 2yo. I use all of them on any given week, but I also find myself avoiding diaper folding because of the pocket stuffing.

I have about a zillion Flip organic inserts and a dozen GMD browns. I want to destash all of my 4.0's and go back to prefolds and covers for my 2yo. Someone please tell me why I shouldn't do this.

Now, if I sell my 4.0's I need to buy more covers. I only have 4. And I need front and back flaps. Flip, Weehugger, Gen Y and capri all have flaps. Who else?

Feel free to add in your stash questions, too! I'm always up for a good stash-crisis (since I seem to be always having one, too). lol

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can always use the BG pockets as covers too! .....the suedecloth would help keep the prefold/flip organic from slipping and u wouldn't need flaps!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

Last edited by mms1972; 11-21-2012 at 08:40 AM.
mms1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just get prefolds and keep the 4.0.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk Me Down ~~ Feel Free to Post Your Stash-Related Questions, too!

i'm in a similar predicament. i have been in ove with my stash for a long while and just recently i noticed were are not reaching for our grovia AIOs (or basically any AIOs) but we love our FB, so the question is do i sell the AIOs and get more FB?? but then i also wanted to know how well they worked/fit on my newborn (due in may) so do i keep them or sell them?? the issue is it's 16 diapers that we rarely use.

as for your problem. it sounds to me like you really do want to go to prefolds and covers, so i would go for it, but i wouldn't sell all of the 4.0s. i would keep a few so you can do those quick changes when you need to.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Will your 2 yo sit still for the prefold diaper changes? All that rolling & folding & squirming & flipping had me sell my Zabi Baby prefolds. My son is only 1 though.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had debated using the BG shells as covers. I might give it a try before I decide against it. The point of the flaps is to "preload" diapers for hubby so he still gets that ease of the one-piece.

Yes, 2yo will lay for diaper changes.

We're also in the process of thinking about PT-ing 2yo (follow that? LOL). So perhaps some of my urge to sell is because I'm just ready to be done with diapers. She certainly does not need a stay dry option anymore.

About half of my 4.0's are the artist series and I love those. The rest I could take or leave, though 3 of them I bought brand new and would have a hard time parting with them.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

i have been in ove with my stash for a long while and just recently i noticed were are not reaching for our grovia AIOs (or basically any AIOs) but we love our FB, so the question is do i sell the AIOs and get more FB?? but then i also wanted to know how well they worked/fit on my newborn (due in may) so do i keep them or sell them?? the issue is it's 16 diapers that we rarely use.

That's a tough call. Probably sell, mainly because you aren't reaching for them now. Unless you think the AIO love will come back. Or sell half and see where that gets you.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
mamaspice
Registered Users
seller

Why not try using the 4.0's as covers for the organic inserts for a few weeks and see if you really like that system, then replace with some flap covers?

I don't think the flaps hold the insert in place that much better than just preloading the covers (pockets) with a trifolded insert.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
I had debated using the BG shells as covers. I might give it a try before I decide against it. The point of the flaps is to "preload" diapers for hubby so he still gets that ease of the one-piece.

Yes, 2yo will lay for diaper changes.

We're also in the process of thinking about PT-ing 2yo (follow that? LOL). So perhaps some of my urge to sell is because I'm just ready to be done with diapers. She certainly does not need a stay dry option anymore.

About half of my 4.0's are the artist series and I love those. The rest I could take or leave, though 3 of them I bought brand new and would have a hard time parting with them.
Am I understanding right you have another bay your diapering still? That's what happens to me all the time. I sell what Im done with for my older child and then later i want it again for my younger child. So I say keep them.

Same with the Mama and the grovia. Keep.

Another thing you can do while you wait is to put them in a closet somewhere in a sealed box. IF you dont touch them for a month or two, THEN sell.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote