Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Questions about encased elastic, fleece inners, and tummy sleepers

When I cded in the past, I had wicking issues with encased elastic. The stiches wicked, so I bought pockets and AIOs that did not have encased elastic. Does no one else have this issue since I am noticing that most dipes have encased now?

And, I was an experienced cder with dd and none of my microfleece inners were repelling on my larger dipes, but when dd was a newborn any fleece lined dipe leaked. It was as if she didn't pee with enough force for it to go through the fleece and it just rolled out. Anyone else have this issue? I would really like to go with stay dry inners for our coming baby.

And, I always preferred dipes with elastic across the front, especially with ds because they slept on their tummies and seemed to need that elastic, but I am not finding too many dipes with tummy elastic. What do you do for your tummy sleepers? Especially for AIOs/pockets?

Advertisement

mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DDis a tummy sleeper and I use Flips orBG4.0 or Kawaiis for bed and naps... They all have that extra layer of pul at the tummy which has worked better than elastic for us. Thirsties has elastic at the tummy on some styles, but that didn't really do the trick for us.

Mom to 2 girls... 4 months and 3 years
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Both my girls are tummy sleepers, and I use BG 3.0/4.0 for the most part. FBs also work well on YDD, but they didn't work for ODD. I've never had wicking through the encased elastic.