Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lefty friendly workbooks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrigansMomma View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm really interested in the mat. I think that'll help DD a lot. I started having her angle the papers but she keeps turning them back straight, then hooks her hand. She's developing some bad handwriting traits I'm afraid

I bought some scissors that say they are for either right or left handed but she can't cut comfortably with them. She's really getting frustrated so I think I'll look into all the items you mentioned.
Leftys Left handed you can google it. They have some great products we love the mat it even shows the right way for leftys to make some letters (we do form some letters different) I am looking around for one that teaches cursive I struggled with it so much. Just keep reminding her to angle her paper she will eventually get in the habit of it and it will become second nature. May be try a small reward chart for her Like if you angle your papers and dont hook your hand all week you can get a prize from the prize box trip to the park etc. Seems to help my 3 year old want to practice writing. I also love the left handed pencil grips and she thinks they are fun and it reminds her how to position her fingers lefty's tend to hold the pencil funky and it causes there hands to get over tired quickly. I want some of the crooked pens and pencils they are next on our list. Left handed scissors are completely different from right handed ones the blades are reversed on left handed scissors so that you can see what you are cutting with out looking over to the other side of the blade. There are also some sites on line that have free hand writing sheets for lefty's that you can print.

Advertisement

follow my blog: http://mommaof3-littlebits.blogspot.com/
If you have a product youd like me to blog about send me a message.
a_marines_wife03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #12
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lefty friendly workbooks?

I"m left handed too.
I just wanted to add that most lefties are not entirely left handed and although she may write left handed she may do other things right. I vividly remember crying in kindergarten because the scissors they gave me didn't work. They had given me leftie scissors but I cut right handed.
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote