Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Where is the GAD love?

Seriously!! GADs (green acre designs) were crazy popular when my 4 1/2 year old was little...i recently tried them on my crazy chunky thighed 6 month old and i'm in love!!!! One of the only diapers that i've tried that is ok on her thighs!!! I've done a destash and ummmmmm, well i'll have 17 of em when they all get here! Just wondering why they aren't so popular anymore..they are awesome!!!!!!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think GADs were one of the early side-snapping diapers but there are lots of other options now too. The brand is not trendy anymore. I had a few covers though and they were nice. I had a GADimals pocket that didn't work for me and took forever to sell.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: Where is the GAD love?

It might just be that there are a larger number of brands out there, so the amount we hear about each one (outside the handful of megabrands) is proportionately reduced.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have one with a ninja on the bum & we love it. It is one of our "show off" diapers.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 8 or 9 breathable fleece GADs pockets, size L, and about the same # of OS semi-fitteds that are stay-dry on the inside. I also had 6 w/OBV that I gave to my friend. I love GADs, I think they are awesome quality but I'm not sure how readily available they are any more. Many people who want pockets seems to want them to be mainstream and inexpensive. My son can't wear PUL at all, so all our pockets have to have fleece as the outer, wet-resistant layer. There aren't many options in that department, I think custom order from WAHMs who offer it. I'm hoarding ALL mine until either they no longer fit or until DS2 is completely out of diapers!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was wondering if she closed up cause i noticed that too about availability!!! But it seems like there are lots on the main site...just not alot of retailers anymore. I'm si glad i finally tried em with this LO! Love em! I will be hoarding these for sure!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum
Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think gadbaby.com was the first place I started reading about cloth when I was pregnant with DD. But then I didn't buy any cloth until she was a year old, and went with other diapers because the price of sized pockets plus inserts was too much for me.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

I'm a GAD addict... and parting with them when the time come is going to be hard!!!

I bought most of mine used when our first baby was little... and we are in the smalls (SO cute!) on our 4 week old. In three sizes, I have a total of (I think) 50 pul ones for daytime and 14 fleece ones for nighttime. I've been on the lookout for some fun colors I don't have yet... but have also notice the slim pickins!

I think those that have 'em and love 'em aren't willing to part with them!! I know I qualify! LOL

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've thought about ordering a time or two. I love side snapping pockets and GADs look so cute especially with the embroidery. The reason I haven't committed is the price. Ouch! They are expensive for a pocket. I think around $25 to $30 each. If anyone has a way to get them cheaper I'm all ears!
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

bumping this up...I LOVED GADs when I cded my last two and have already snatched up a few on the FSOT for the coming baby. I am excited to try the AIOs since she only made pockets when I used them before. I like not having to stuff a pocket, but having the option if needed. I use the PUL ones in the past with no leaks EVER, and they were so trim. I did prefer the suede cloth inner, which she doesn't appear to offer anymore though.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote