Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #31
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc
I just want to know how or why someone would put a front closure diaper on backwards??? With side snaps I would understand. But COME ON!
This is what I'm trying to figure out too!! It seems like a common issue. I'm imagining how difficult it would be.

Advertisement

itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #32
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc

Lol my hubby hates the names things have. He calls our thirsties covers "snappies" (because they have snaps), snappis "hookies" (they have hooks!), fitted diapers are prefolds to him (they are PRE folded) and prefolds are flats (he used to call them "needs-folds" but then he heard the word flat and decided he liked that better, because they are flat). It makes for interesting mornings.
Rotflmbo! Love it!
Daycare has put aplix bge's on backwards.
Dhs college age cousin who is super sweet and graduating summa *** laude in something i can barely spell, watched dd for a full day once. She said cds were fine and dh explained everything. When i came home 8 hours later she said she never had to change dd bc she didnt seem wet. !!!!!!!! Apparently stay dry fleece liners fool the bany AND the babysitter!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #33
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

Last time we visited my sister she put DD's aplix BG on backwards. I asked her later if she had a hard time putting it on or if she was secretly thinking, "these things are a pain in the butt!" She said it was easy to put on and she liked them but she giggled when I pointed it out to her. Oh we'll. the diaper did its job so who cares.

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #34
mgil
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gotta love babysitters and CD's

Lol - in taking notes. Starting to think about diapering at daycare
mgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #35
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

I showed a babysitter exactly how to put on a Grovia, left a fresh one out exactly how she needed it so she could just sit the baby on top and snap it shut. My toddler's diaper was laying out in her room as well, all ready for bedtime. I came home around 11:00 to find that the baby's diaper was on backward and soaked jammies and sheets. The toddler had been put in the fleece cover I had layed out but the padfolded flat I had put in there was removed (in the diaper pail?). Also soaked jammies and sheets. Sigh, so much for our much needed relaxing night out.

So the next time she babysat, I had the baby in a sposie and a fresh sposie layed out, and the toddler had a sposie layed out ready in her room. I didn't say anything, just figured she would use whatever I left her. Came home to find babysitter had dug thru the drawers to find CD for both kiddos, but again left out the flats (just used the covers). Two sets of soaked jammies and sheets AGAIN! She is otherwise awesome, so now I ALWAYS tell her that to use the sposies we have left for her and not to worry about cloth while we are gone.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #36
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is a great thread! I don't ever go anywhere so I have never used a babysitter, but for doctor appointments and such, my mom will watch some/all of my girls. No matter how many times I've shown her how, or what kind of diaper it is (even disposables, I tried! LOL), she will put on diapers BACKWARDS!

She can fold and pin a prefold like nobody's business though. She CD'd my brother and I back in the days of prefolds and plastic pull on pants.

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote