Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: pain beyond anything

If you can figure out where the adoptive family was last living maybe start with the county they lived in child protective services.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Whoa. The thread that was posted in SS that was first amonymous then the mama outed herself? Omg. Im so sorry for the abuse you have suffered.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
silvaheyes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't mind you posting about the issue and I plan on staying civil. However if you're going to post on a public forum then at least tell the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by againsttheoddsmom View Post
We drew up an adoption contract that stipulated that if they changes their minds about the adoption I would have the ability to adopt my daughter back. I was not represented by an attorney, I wanted one but the adoptive parents told me that theirs could represent us both and that would save money for them taking care of Ella.
There was NO such contract. I have all the adoption paperwork and we would have never agreed to it anyhow. You were afraid of her going into foster care if something didn't work out until we finalized and we said not to worry as nothing was going to happen. The only 'contract' that was agreed upon was an open adoption. It ended up not being put into the paperwork. We specifically asked you in the lawyers office if you wanted to draw it up again because we were fine with it. You said no.

You were also given the choice of getting your own lawyer and you said you'd just go ahead and use ours.

Quote:
I terminated once then 10 days later got a call from the adoptive parents saying I had to terminate again. I asked them if we could come together and talk out the adoption, they said no, they were in Houston TX and I was in San Marcos TX they were on their way back to their state and weren't coming back. My ex then literally carried me into a ups store to sign documents that I don't know what they said to this day.
You did terminate your rights twice. The lawyer screwed up the paperwork the first time and filed it under LA law when it needed to be under TX law. It wasn't ten days later though. You never asked us to come back to Austin. We even met and ate out together before we left the area so you knew we were leaving.

Quote:
Then 3 weeks ago I heard through other ppl that the adoptive family had given her away without telling me. They had been investigated for neglect and abuse by CPA and all of my daughters symptoms appear to reflect abuse. I don't know where my daughter is, if she's ok or if I will ever see her again. I can never forgive myself for what I've done to my poor little girl.
We were investigated by CPS, yes. I fully admit it and the claim was dismissed/invalid. Our doctors and counselor vouched for us.. you know people that actually know us and not a psychologist who has seen us 2x. You were given information to contact the adoptive parents. Whether you did or not is up to you.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

X

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!

Last edited by galesville1980; 11-15-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #15
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry for all the heartbreak on all sides .

OP, I hope that you find a way to get in contact with your DD. Please don't feel guilty. You did the best you could under the circumstances that you were dealing with.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #16
silvaheyes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by galesville1980
Silvaheyes...maybe you can give her the SW info at the agency you used so she can call and talk to her and see if she can help with building a relationship between her and new AP.
We gave her the information she needs to get into contact with the adoptive family.

I'd also like to remind that this is a public forum and what is said can be read by anyone.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaheyes

We gave her the information she needs to get into contact with the adoptive family.

I'd also like to remind that this is a public forum and what is said can be read by anyone.
I dont mean for you to post it on this thread...i meant for you to PM her.

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaheyes View Post

Why can't you just PM her the info now, even if you already gave it to her. I mean what is it going to hurt. She is already hurting and you came across as a bit crude in your reply...not saying you meant to.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
silvaheyes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by galesville1980

I dont mean for you to post it on this thread...i meant for you to PM her.
I know what you meant.. My last message meant that its a public forum and people talk. Word spreads fast.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

This is all so sad.
Closed Thread