Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
Applecheeks as an AI2?

Anyone use them this way? I think they're adorable, but I'm not interested in pocket diapers. Would love to know if they work well as an AI2 and how the fit is. I think DD would need size 2. She's 8 1/2 months old and probably about 19 lbs with big chunky thighs.

Advertisement

stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
holocene
Registered Users

Re: Applecheeks as an AI2?

We love them as AI2's. It's pretty much all we use during the day.

But, the size 2's were pretty poofy on our guy until I figured out how to get the perfect fit. Im not sure if that makes sense, but AppleCheeks has lots of videos to help you achieve the perfect fit. The cover it's self is kind of poofy at the front on shorter babies because there are no rise snaps to tuck the extra fabric down. To be completely honest, we didn't love them until our son was older. (We absolutely adore them now at 17 months, 34 inches, and 27lbs - but every baby is shaped differently, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.) When our guy was smaller, we preferred AMP OS, but the AC bamboo inserts are our favorite of all time.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

If you do decide to buy one go for the size 2 for sure! Size 1 should be sold as a NB diaper it tiny with tiny leg holes that leave bad red marks on chunks thighs not sure on size 2 bc we don't have any but I've heard good things. I think they would work just fine as all in two bc the pocket isn't bulky its pretty flat. What insert would you be using with it an all in two?
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
holocene
Registered Users

There are some AC action shots in the "what are you loving thread" at the bottom of the page.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the replies, Mamas! I already have some of the AC 2 layer bamboo inserts OTW. I was going to try them in Flips and Capri covers. The thing is, I was using Peachy Green AIOs exclusively. I adored them on my now PL'ed DS who was a skinny boy and I loved them when DD was smaller, but now that she has turned into such a little chunk, the trim fit that I loved doesn't work on her. It looks like a bikini cut and doesn't even cover her little butt cheeks, lol. So, we're moving on to something else. An AI2 system makes sense because we are EC'ing and many of her wet diapers are not very wet at all. We change her at least every hour and go through a ton of diapers. I have tried the PG AI2s and didn't like them. I currently have a couple of Flip covers & regular birdseye flats here, Flip organic inserts OTW, Capri cover & inserts OTW, Blueberry bamboo flats OTW, AC 2 layer bamboo inserts OTW, Softbums OTW. I'm just wanting to try everything and see what is the best fit/what I like best. AC caught my eye because they are so stinkin cute with the little ruffles on the legs. I think I'll go ahead and order a size 2 to try. I'm off to check out the action shots in the other thread!
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote