Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #31
SarahM
Registered Users
seller

Re: Daycare positives

Peer pressure at daycare can be a wonderful thing. For example, potty training as a group is so effective! And kids at daycare try things I could never get them to eat at home.

Advertisement

SarahM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #32
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son goes to a day care center and we love it. His first year he was in an in-home and personally I didnt care for it becasue he was the only child in his age bracket.. all the others were much older or infants.

We switched to a center becasue I felt like he would be more stimulated, challenged, be around a whole class room of children his age, and be all around better off.

He has been there exactly a year and OMG how he has flourished! He is a really smart little boy and as hard as I tried teaching him sign language before he could speak, he woudldnt do it, but as soon as he went to the center, he saw all his friends doing it and getting what they wanted, so oh boy did he ever pick it up!

His verbal skills grew rapidly, he knows a ton of songs, it taught him how to play well with others and share. He is an only child, so try as I may, I had no other kids to really work with him on this.

The center we go to is VERY picky about who they hire and the level of education. They also make sure to keep their staff in continous trainings, and I can honestly say that every staff member I speak to really does love their job and love the kids to pieces.

After every long weekend or vacation, they always say how much they missed them. DS comes home every night and talks about all of his teachers, even the custodian and cook! He cant get out of the house fast enough in the morning becasue he wants to go to "school", so that makes me feel better about having to leave him

Overall, he has learned and grown so much in the last year and everyone is so wonderful and they love cloth diapers!! They also have age approperiate lesson plans and activites for the kids that has to be approved by their board
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #33
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just emptied a few days worth of daycare wetbags and our daycare insists on dumping the poops so I just plop them in the pail. We recently switched daycare so this is like heaven to me.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote