Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
kaydonette
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Home Health question

My DD is going to be getting 10 hrs a day home health care and I'm not sure how I feel about someone else caring for her? What has been ya'lls experience with have someone in your home everyday? Once I take my Certification test I will be her CNA but until then someone else will be.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Home Health question

Jealous! We couldn't get nursing care for DS, even with a GJ and on oxygen at night. My mom had to be my daycare and we didn't sleep much for awhile when he alarmed constantly for going below 90.

I would sit down and think of the tasks you want her to do, vs. what you want to do yourself so that she knows what you expect. I would personally tell the home company you are only interested in female care if that matters to you (it would matter to me). I would be clear about if you are feeding her or she brings her own food, provider her a space for her personal belongings, and be clear on her personal cell phone use/playing on phone, how much she is playing/interacting, how much therapy she needs to be doing, if she attends doc appointments, etc.

Let the agency know if you want non-smoking nurses only.

Definitely write a schedule you would like followed as well. Do you want the nurse to bathe the child? Read to her? How often if she needs changed/bathroom? Meds?

And...I would make a point for an hour or two in the afternoons to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE and relax, even if it just means walking around the block a few times.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 01-23-2014 at 10:32 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
blondie1985
Registered Users
seller

Re: Home Health question

I am a home health nurse and pride myself in my work. I hope you find a nurse that fits beautifully into your home environment. Us good ones are out there, I promise you.