Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dear DH... pick less expensive things to bribe with!

We used jelly beans or mm's, then when they started going more often they earned them every few times they went and we quickly faded them out.

Maybe a sticker chart to earn something?

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #12
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
Well she changed her mind at the store and opted for a $15 Rapunzel doll, and she had an accident yesterday, but only one in what, 2 days? It's an improvement, so I'm callin it a win. Lol!

We tried bribing with candy, but I hated the effects on her. Too hyper, and really, 20+ pieces of candy a day is unhealthy lol.
Your dd pees 20 + times a day? Mine only got a treat for actually going and if they tried to squeeze out a tiny bit just to get a treat that did not count.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #13
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdawn25 View Post
Your dd pees 20 + times a day? Mine only got a treat for actually going and if they tried to squeeze out a tiny bit just to get a treat that did not count.
She has a urinary problem, so her bladder doesn't fully empty for 2-3 tries. So yeah, she's goes to the bathroom about 20x. She frequently pees just A little bit, due to her issues.
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry no help here we told ds if he got fully potty trained during the day we would buy him a big boy bed. It was going to be a bunk bed but after he helped his sister destroy her bunk bed we decided his big boy bed will be a captains bed with roll under trundle and three drawers. Dd is getting the same thing for christmas since she helped her brother break her bed. They were supposed to be getting birds as their big christmas gift but not after tearing up half the slates on dds bed.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We've never bribed for potty training purposes, but my dh bribed my dd to learn how to read Hebrew. She wasn't feeling confident about it, I guess; every learning session involved a lot of drama about how hard it was and even tears. One day, when I wasn't around, dh told her she could have an AMERICAN GIRL DOLL once she successfully completed her reading book (over a period of weeks or months). I wasn't too happy about that when I heard about it, but dd did have a much better attitude after that.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD loves lollipops but she only gets them when we go to a festival, Game Center or doctor where it is given to her. I tried bribing her to use the potty with lollipops but it didn't work. She chose not to have the lollipop and insisted on wearing her diapers.

She is potty trained now. She used the potty on her own after I told her that she cannot go to school if she does not go to the potty because teachers do not change diapers.

Last Halloween she got a bucket full of sweets from trick or treat. there were only 2 lollipops, she only ate those. DH and I ended up eatting everything else.