Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Update on 4

... the two puking adults and one puking baby huddled on the same gurney at the ER on a Sunday at 3am.

Advertisement

Last edited by Palooka; 12-06-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: World's most pathetic family award goes to

BTDT and do not want to take that trip again! Hope you all are feeling a bit better this evening!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww! That's not fun at all Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. -but from a distance
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry. I hope it the virus passes quickly and you are on the mend again quickly.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies. I can't believe it, my baby just threw up again! If we let the zofran lapse for even an hour he is back to vomiting. this has been going on since Thursday. I was calm and okay back then when I was assured it was a 24 hour bug, but I'm starting to get emotional now. How many days can a 10 month old go without any solids? He's still nursing, but not a huge amount.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
Thanks ladies. I can't believe it, my baby just threw up again! If we let the zofran lapse for even an hour he is back to vomiting. this has been going on since Thursday. I was calm and okay back then when I was assured it was a 24 hour bug, but I'm starting to get emotional now. How many days can a 10 month old go without any solids? He's still nursing, but not a huge amount.
Is he still having any wet diapers or is he having diarrhea? I'd think about calling your pediatrician on call. You have to be really careful with dehydration at such a young age. My son was the same age when he got a "24 hour" bug and 2 days later his lips were turning blue, the pedialyte was going right through him and he dehydrated. He was in the hospital for 4 days on an IV. Please don't hesitate to take him back!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did they admit him?
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

A 10 month old doesn't "need" solids at all if they are BF! Children don't "need" solids till they are a year old. It is always hard when a little one is sick. You need to drink extra and offer extra liquids to him. Let him comfort nurse if he wants. Soup broth in a sippy cup (a little warm), formula (if he tolerates it), pedialyte or gatorade, etc could be offered to him. If you have a juicer... carrot and banana juice. Don't give fruit juice as it can cause loose bowels in children. For food ... offer banana (fresh not the baby food jar... mash it with a fork if he preferes purees) and saltine crackers. Fresh bananas are good for diarrhea!
I hope you all are feeling better soon!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Breast milk absorbs very quickly so nurse nurse nurse...even if he pukes shortly after, hes still benefiting. And I agree with pp, definitely dont worry about solids at his age.

I'm sorry mama and I hope everyone is feeling better soon! Search "vomiting" on dr sears site for a page full of good info.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote