Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #111
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Real homes with kids in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNotes View Post
What a great thread.

I have to ask- do some of you seriously put your coffe makers/rosters/etc away every day?? I do not like clutter on my kitchen counters, but I don't consider these things clutter..
I haven't posted our pictures, but we make coffee on the stove, so our "coffee maker" is always put away after cleaning it, just like I would a pot or pan. I hate the look of appliances on the counter.

That said, right now, we still have a kuerig that my mom bought for xmas last year. I do usually put that away, but I've been leaving it out for the kids lately (tea and cocoa). I'm pretty sure we'll sell it on craigslist though, because I hate looking at it when I have a pot capable of doing the same exact thing....I just can't let the kids do it themselves then.

Advertisement

Last edited by harmoni247; 11-19-2012 at 03:29 AM.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #112
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*

The table, chairs, console and mirror are from the pottery barn.

Since we have closed off offices, we use the pottery barn office organizer in our dining room:

All the kids appts and shopping coupons and phone numbers are on the boards.
I love that office organizer!!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #113
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

My house is always picked up. It may not be "clean" meaning there may be a cobweb or some dust on my tables, but I can't stand clutter. I clean as I go and have baskets stashed all over the place. My kids playroom is in our finished walkout basement and toys stay downstairs unless we have a baby, then the baby toys have a basket upstairs. I'll add a pic of the play room when all the kids are up.

In the kitchen I clean as I go. I make the kids food and while they eat I clean up. Before I call everyone to dinner I wash the pots and pans if there are any left to clean, I can't eat if the kitchen is a mess

I tend to let laundry go though, as you can see in the living room I have a basket full of clothes waiting to be folded.

ETA: My dining room table is really small and full of fall decor. We are taking stuff down and preparing to put up the Christmas stuff today
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in

Last edited by Pikemommy; 06-09-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #114
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy
My house is always picked up. It may not be "clean" meaning there may be a cobweb or some dust on my tables, but I can't stand clutter. I clean as I go and have baskets stashed all over the place. My kids playroom is in our finished walkout basement and toys stay downstairs unless we have a baby, then the baby toys have a basket upstairs. I'll add a pic of the play room when all the kids are up.

In the kitchen I clean as I go. I make the kids food and while they eat I clean up. Before I call everyone to dinner I wash the pots and pans if there are any left to clean, I can't eat if the kitchen is a mess

I tend to let laundry go though, as you can see in the living room I have a basket full of clothes waiting to be folded.

ETA: My dining room table is really small and full of fall decor. We are taking stuff down and preparing to put up the Christmas stuff today
I love your open layout and all the windows. It's exactly what I'm constantly telling DH I want!
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #115
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a french press, it's always on the counter as well as our electric frying pan, electric kettle, griddle, blender, and toaster oven lol we also have our bucket full of utensils, cutting boards, dish drainer and knife block
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #116
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNotes
What a great thread.

I have to ask- do some of you seriously put your coffe makers/rosters/etc away every day?? I do not like clutter on my kitchen counters, but I don't consider these things clutter..
I do, but they aren't always everyday items for me. The toaster and electric skillet are used often, and put away after.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #117
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so envious of these empty countertops! I have a knife block, utensil canister, cookbook stand, toaster oven, semi automatic espresso machine (huge ) straw holder, banana hanger and a stand mixer currently on my counters because there is no other home for them even if I did have the gumption to put them out of sight every day.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #118
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNotes View Post
What a great thread.

We leave the coffee maker out, but everything else gets put away. We don't use the other stuff daily and we have very little counter space so it makes more sense for use to put it away.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #119
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm too ashamed of the state of our house to post pictures. 2 kids+2 cats+2 full time working parents+growing one more addition to the family+remodeling a bedroom = messy house.

The remodel itself is causing us distress... we're all sleeping in one room together, all the kids STUFF and all our clothes are in one room... and the biggest other room is being stripped and redone. I can't even put laundry away - we're all living out of laundry baskets.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!

Last edited by amcess721; 11-19-2012 at 10:09 AM.
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #120
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No way I am posting pictures right now- my house looks like a tornado went through it. It normally doesn't look like this but I was sick all weekend and busy all day yesterday. The kids did the same level of trashing but we were too busy to do any clean up. Then I made several meals for the week yesterday- finished right when I needed to leave the house. There are dishes everywhere. Add to it that I we left the house to take dd to school this morning, went grocery shopping and I only had enough time to get the refrigerated stuff put up before we had to leave again so now every surface in my kitchen is covered with groceries. The only reason I am wasting time on here is because I needed to do some research for something I am making for dd's class party tomorrow.

Maybe after I get us back to our normal state- which is far from spotless- I'll take some pics. Like pp we also have remodel projects going on, but dh has most of the junk hidden in our future bathroom, with only a little spread around our bedroom.