Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
abbysparkles
Registered Users
seller

outgrown Thirsties size 1

Hello! I'm new to cding and have a question about sized cd products. My son is 10 weeks old and a chunker! He weighs 14 lbs, 7 oz and is 24 inches long. He is barely squeezing into his Thirsties size 1 covers so I'm prepping all my size 2 goodies.
My question is this, what do I do with the outgrown size 1 products? I have the following in Thirsties size 1... duo wrap covers, stay dry inserts, hemp prefolds and hemp inserts. I assumed I should sell or trade them but a friend suggested I hang onto them in the event his shape changes as he grows. Even his belly got smaller, he isn't going to shrink in length so this just doesn't make sense to me.
Should I keep the inserts and hemp prefolds to use as boosters? I'm not sure how this works??!!
I also have size 1 Osocozy Unbleached Prefolds that are getting quite snug on him. Again, should I try to sell or trade or keep for some reason? I definitely don't need anymore burp cloths or housecleaning rags so I wouldn't need them for that reason!
Thanks so much!

Advertisement

abbysparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Katiebug_1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: outgrown Thirsties size 1

Well, you could save them for any future babies you might have...but if you don't plan to have more, and they don't fit anymore, I would sell them. Yes, the inserts could always be kept and used for doublers as he continues to grow.
Katiebug_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd keep the absorbent parts -- we've graduated from hemp doublers to small hemp prefolds/inserts to add to our night diapers, but use hemp doublers often during the day now. Whether to keep or sell the covers depends on future plans :-)
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
I'd keep the absorbent parts -- we've graduated from hemp doublers to small hemp prefolds/inserts to add to our night diapers, but use hemp doublers often during the day now. Whether to keep or sell the covers depends on future plans :-)

This. I'm trying to keep to my own new rule of not keeping things with elastic (because historically we have LOOOONG ttc times) (I'm faltering on my faves (I only have one item on FSOT that I love- couldn't break with other faves yet). I might just try the washing and "exercising" every 6 months-- but I can't confirm it works. I am always using outgrown prefolds in night/nap diaper creations.

forgot to add: in this case, I doubt he'll fit those covers again... if he was about to walk, different story. For example, you might end up snapping back down on your thirsties size two in the future, but I doubt very seriously you could ever go back to size 1. (in my experience, growth is still fast at this young age) You never know, so hold them for a few months if you can.

Last edited by c&w's mama; 11-15-2012 at 09:04 AM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebug_1976 View Post
Well, you could save them for any future babies you might have...but if you don't plan to have more, and they don't fit anymore, I would sell them. Yes, the inserts could always be kept and used for doublers as he continues to grow.
I was gonna say this!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
abbysparkles
Registered Users
seller

Thank you so much for all the great feedback!
This is my third and last baby. I'd love to have one more but that's another story! I really wanted to cd my first (and second) but hubby was against it the urine/feces in the washer. He's gotten over that after seeing what happens during potty training!
Sounds like I can get rid of the size 1 covers but maybe I ought to hang onto the hemp combo inserts and prefolds? This may be a silly question, but will they work well as a doubler since they will be smaller?
Maybe I'll hang onto the Osocozy size 1 prefolds for random things. I don't like to needlessly hang onto things so the thought of keeping 24 prefolds feels like a bit much to me, but maybe I'll find more uses for them than I think!
abbysparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Doublers come in all shapes and sizes, a small one just won't hold as much. I laughed when I saw the doubler that comes with the itti bitti AIO -- it's only a little bigger than my thumb!
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote