Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama

we must be talking about different diapers. I thought this was about the sized simplex swaddlebees (2.0 vs 1.0) ... maybe people are only talking about the OS?? DS is 25 lbs and there is NO WAY he could ever wear what I have. I would have loved it right after newborn but didn't get it soon enough.

Just went to the website since now I'm curious and pulled the specs on the medium swaddlebees simplex 2.0 that I have.

Medium:
12-25 lbs (I say no way that high)
rise:16 in
waist: 11-20
thigh: 8-13

Sorry if I jumped in the wrong discussion!! Likely why a lot of it didn't make sense to me
My 2.5 year old is 39.5 pounds and fits in mediums. It really has a lot more to do with overall proportions than just weight, I think.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Simplex vs. Basix

WOW- that's amazing! I really had no idea. (This is a super useful thread indeed for anyone looking at these!!)

I got this at maybe around 17 lbs and he would have worn it (I think) from 12 to 17 lbs. I gave up on it then, because it no longer worked for us. The waist was just fine- on the smallest setting-- everything else, too small and not absorbent enough. (he's tall and is a heavy wetter)

So as said-- this one really depends on your kid!!

makes me want to try it on my pre-k for fun... she's never allow it!! I can see the look on her face now. I bet it would fit her based on what you both say.

Last edited by c&w's mama; 11-16-2012 at 10:43 PM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
WOW- that's amazing! I really had no idea. (This is a super useful thread indeed for anyone looking at these!!)

I got this at maybe around 17 lbs and he would have worn it (I think) from 12 to 17 lbs. I gave up on it then, because it no longer worked for us. The waist was just fine- on the smallest setting-- everything else, too small and not absorbent enough.

So as said-- this one really depends on your kid!!

makes me want to try it on my pre-k for fun... she's never allow it!! I can see the look on her face now. I bet it would fit her based on what you both say.
I have a 16 lb LO, and she has TONS of room to grow in pretty much all directions in M. I could still fit a M on ODD at 38" tall and 30 lbs. Now at 40" and 32 lbs, it's too short in the rise.

So like everyone concluded, it must be all about the child's shape.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

So why are there so many Simplex lovers compared to Basix lovers? It will be a long while before I have a baby that will fit into either, but the stay-dry aspect of the Basix appeals to me more.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #25
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

this is a duplicate request on another simplex thread, but please do share pictures of big kids in mediums if you have available! this diaper is adorable, but I must be doing something wrong since I gave up on it at 17 lbs (a tall boy)

I love a cotton inner. Polyester doesn't work on my son. And so cute! How am I using this after newborn dipes and others can get it on toddlers/big kids?

would love to see fluff shots
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
lilmonksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama View Post
this is a duplicate request on another simplex thread, but please do share pictures of big kids in mediums if you have available! this diaper is adorable, but I must be doing something wrong since I gave up on it at 17 lbs (a tall boy)

I love a cotton inner. Polyester doesn't work on my son. And so cute! How am I using this after newborn dipes and others can get it on toddlers/big kids?

would love to see fluff shots
I agree that it has a lot to do with the shape of your child. My first DS was wearing larges in almost every brand of diaper at 7 months old, but my nephew wears all size mediums at 3 yrs old and 30 lbs. My son had a long rise and a large frame, while my nephew has a much shorter rise and narrow hips with no butt. The same diapers fit the two boys very differently.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Last edited by lilmonksmom; 11-17-2012 at 07:35 PM.
lilmonksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

thanks mama

makes me feel not so crazy

its adorable, just didn't work for us. I'd try it again if I'm lucky enough to have another.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #28
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Not sure what it means about elastic not encased.
I took some photos to clarify. If you turn the dipes completely inside out you can see the difference between encased and not encased elastic.

Eta: simplex does not have encased elastic which to me is a bonus because it is easier to replace if i ever need to. Basix elastic is encased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20121118_141315.jpg (7.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20121118_141351.jpg (7.2 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by dncnshu00; 11-18-2012 at 01:15 PM.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post
So why are there so many Simplex lovers compared to Basix lovers? It will be a long while before I have a baby that will fit into either, but the stay-dry aspect of the Basix appeals to me more.
this is what I've always wondered, I love my basix, and really want more, but not only are the L hard to find used, but I had a really hard time selling my Ms ...

DS is 26 pounds and 32 inches, 18 months, he just doesn't fit in the mediums anymore, though the large are a bit bulky, they are still better than the M
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

** adding that they are also really hard to find with retailers. I want to buy 9 of them, but I might have to order from 3 different places if I wanted a decent variety of colors/prints... but that's just annoying, unless I ordered directly from Blueberry, but I like to support retailers if I can
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote