Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #41
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm so pissed

I couldn't keep up that kind of busy schedule every day. I don't think I would want to even if I could to be honest. I'd want to be sure and spend some time at home with the kids doing cooking, art, and craft projects and letting them figure out how to entertain themselves.

ETA: And by entertain themselves, I do mean play with toys, read, and do things that don't involve TV or electronic screens.

Advertisement

Last edited by mcpforever; 11-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #42
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellEBeanDesigns
I dont stay uP till 3 am, I run and workout at different times
Monday em has a play date with her best friend while yds is in 1/2 day kinder
Tuesday park/library
Wed kids museum
Thursday grocery store
Friday park/play
Park is not every day, people.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #43
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer thanks
Uh I do laundry every day I guess I don't consider the ten minutes it takes to stick a load in/dry and fold important. My kids play on their own usually at the park. My house is clean, like I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
Ummm, she is a STAY AT HOME MOTHER...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Sam would work outside of the home if not for having children. Sure, keeping the home clean and presentable is important to me but so is working out, and being very involved with my children. I'd much rather take them to the library or park than try to keep them from running across my still wet floors that I just mopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmama24 View Post
Imo part of being a stay at HOME mother is maintaining the home. I'm not saying you have to clean every waking minute & my dh helps out a lot but keeping a clean house is important as is doing laundry, which she hasn't posted in her schedule. Kids do not need to be occupied 100% of the time it is actually beneficial to them to learn to occupy themselves. I don't take my kids to the park ever. That's what my toy filled yard is for. Friends come here to play.

JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #44
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Jennifer thanks
Uh I do laundry every day I guess I don't consider the ten minutes it takes to stick a load in/dry and fold important. My kids play on their own usually at the park. My house is clean, like I said
But the problem seems to be that your husband doesn't think it's clean enough, correct? Are your standards different than his?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #45
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As is right now. Kids off school all day

Living room from front door

Kitchen/dining room

My room

Bathroom
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

If your cleaning floors twice a day and fully washing all dishes after every meal, I can't imagine your house is dirty enough for DH to complain! Even when I'm home during the summer we actually clean every other week, but we pick up every night.

What EXACTLY does he think isn't clean enough? Where is the problem for him? I understand SAHMs do most of the cleaning, child care, ect but I get so sick and tired of hearing DHs who just get to come home, unwind, and play with the kids acting like their wives aren't carrying their weight. And I'm genuinely surprised at all the responses about how you're "wasting too much time mothering" and why don't you cut out activities with your kids and clean more. I'm on your side OP!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Your house looks fine, what's he so concerned about not being clean enough? I think it's great that you get out so much with your kids.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I want to punch your DH in the face too You sound like you have good balance in your schedule, with time for YOU, time w/the kids, and generally keeping up w/chores. I wish I had your resolve to get up at 5:30 and exercise, I feel a lot better when I do it.

Tell him to worry about how he spends HIS day rather than interfere with what you are doing. Unless your house is a total wreck I say he needs to stuff it.

Maybe you should let it ALL go for a couple days so he can see just how much you DO do. Do this on Thursday so he can get his *** out of bed Saturday morning to clean it all up for you.
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Wow. Just wow. A mother - stay at home or not - is not inherently responsible for the housework. Everyone (meaning husbands and wives, and kids too) should help maintain their own living space so the home is enjoyable to be in; but that's way different than being a housekeeper.

I'm with those that say I'm a mom, not a housekeeper.

And, if you seriously keep up on hand washing dishes, op, you are a freakin' rock star!
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
As is right now. Kids off school all day

Living room from front door

Kitchen/dining room

My room

Bathroom
Yeah. You're room looks like mine. :-)

I'd ask him what specific things he'd like to see different as a mark that you're taking his concerns/needs seriously, and maybe focus on one of those just out of love for him. Maybe he's just being overly critical bc he's overwhelmed by something else and feels like you're an easy target?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote