Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Tripp Trapp Vs. Keekaroo

I can't decide which one we should choose for DD but I'm leaning more towards the Tripp Trapp.

Who has owned one or both? Share your thoughts.

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
pharmgirl13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tripp Trapp Vs. Keekaroo

I have both and love both equally. I would go with price. I was lucky enough to find the Keekaroo on Craigslist.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
stephbrown13
Registered Users

I couldn't decide between the Keekaroo or Tripp Trapp for DS1. I looked and looked on Craigslist and snatched up a Keekaroo when it because available. I like it enough that we bought a new one for DS2 (I wanted them to match). DS1 is now 2.5 and still uses his as a chair pushed up to the table, and occasionally DH or I will use it if we're short on chairs.

I'm sure if we'd have ended up with the tripp trapp I'd have liked that too. I'd check craigslist and buy whatever you can get a good deal on.

For the one we got on CL it had the thick pads for the bottom and back (I think they're around $69 on amazon). Not the infant one that rises up between the legs, just the thick pad (not sure what it's called). They're great, comfy, and clean up well although I probably wouldn't pay full price. For the new one we bought for DS2 I didn't get any pads, and I let him use the pads DS1 had and DS1 just uses the thin cushion that comes with the newer models. The newer ones also have a plastic tray cover which is nice.

There are little grooves that food likes to get stuck in, especially where the seatbelt goes through the bottom, but as long as you clean everything soon after eating it's no problem.
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13

Last edited by stephbrown13; 11-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

This is my Dad's "big gift" to DD for Christmas, so price isn't an issue. If we were buying it I'd totally poke around CL to see what's for sale.

I think everyone has great things to say about each but I'm really loving the color choices with the Tripp Trapp.

Decisions, decisions!

Thank you all for your feed back.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
stephbrown13
Registered Users

If price wasn't an issue, I'd probably buy the Tripp Trapp too. I think they look a little nicer, and I also love the colors
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would have died for a Tripp Trapp. As I would have done for any Stokke product.

Especially the stroller .

A quasi haiku of longing.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We love our Tripp Trapp! We had a Chicco high chair at first when DD was little and it was terrible! We got the Stokke and have been very happy with it. We have the straps off and she still uses the chair at 4.5 yrs. It is the perfect height for her. We bought another one for DS and its great to have him at the table with us. I personally think its worth the extra since it will last thru adulthood. I've sat in DD's chair before.

My phone thinks it smarter than me. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we have 3 Tripp Trapps. our 1st one was a super old one that we had to refinish b/c it was very well loved. it didn't come w/ any straps. we used it for DD for a while, but now it's my sewing table chair

we bought our other 2 new (on ebay) & love them. DD is 4.5 & DS is 2. The both use theirs at the table every day. I like sitting in DD's when I fold laundry b/c it puts me up a tad higher & is more comfortable to fold that way.

as for accessories we never got any of the cushions b/c I didn't want to be constantly washing them. we did however get the infant insert thing for DS's seat b/c we started him in it at about 7m & felt we needed it to keep him from sliding all around in the seat. the reviews said all kinds of things about it being hard to get the babe in & out of, but we did not find this a problem as long as the seat was installed in the right way & not too far out.

I like the Tripp Trapps b/c they are not just a baby seat. They are strong & can hold an adult's weight. They will really grow w/ the kids.

Last edited by Junipervt; 11-19-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Junipervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love our Keekaroo! Given the price difference, I didn't think it was worth the extra $$ to get the Stokke, but that's just me...
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

We have both. If price were not an option, I'd go with the Tripp Trapp. While both are excellent, and I don't think there are huge differences, I do notice that the Keekaroo has to be adjusted (tightened) more often.