Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
natasharene
Registered Users

Diaper Suggestion Please

My newest will be a month old on Sunday and has the skinniest little legs. He is still in newborn clothes and when I put a newborn sposie on him I have to nearly overlap the flaps. I like pockets but the ones I was given don't fit well around his tiny legs. In order to convince DH that cloth will work I have to find a diaper that DS doesn't pee out the side of. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

natasharene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
natasharene
Registered Users

Re: Diaper Suggestion Please

The ones we have now are Baby City
natasharene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Swaddlebees nb simplex or blueberry mini pockets
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had the opposite problem - I couldn't get diapers to close (lol) over her thighs, and then the waist would gap. We found weehuggers and thirsties the most laughable "fit", if that helps. The largest were bum genius, happy heineys, and gads, so definitely don't use those. I would recommend a super small cover stuffed with newborn flats, if you can find them. You can use the flats later as doublers.

If you want to stay in the pocket/AIO range, I second the above poster.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
nahrie
Registered Users

Softbums Omni. The legs have adjustable elastic that goes down so small it could fit my preemie niece's tiny legs.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
OrchidMama
Registered Users
seller

Alva Newborns snap down really small, and fit for a long time, plus they're only about $5, including the insert. You can angle the velcro tabs to get a tight fit around the legs. I really like Swaddlebees newborns also, although we only have a couple, since they're kind of pricey for a newborn dipe. They do still fit at 10 weeks, but my dd has skinny legs. Softbums do get really small as well, and are a great diaper. They will fit for a long time and are very much worth it. Thirsties Duo 1 covers and Rumparooz newborn also fit dd's skinny legs.
OrchidMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #7
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i liked infant prefolds and pull-on soakers. while nb, i liked fleece even though i like wool now, bc when they're nb they poop so often and fleece is way easier to wash/dry
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #8
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

btw, my guy is SUPER skinny and we had the same problem with pockets til i gave up on them around 5 mos. he has been above the 85th percentile in height and BELOW the 3rd percentile in weight his whole life!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
sunlightmlp
Registered Users

My nephew had super skinny chicken legs as a newborn. Infant Prefolds with a Thirsties XS/Duo Size 1 or Bummis NB cover worked best for him. Aplix closure for the covers worked better for this stage as you can really customize the fit. He couldn't wear pockets or AIO's for a few months as his legs were just WAY too skinny and he leaked right out of them.
sunlightmlp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DS was/is the same way. When he was a newbie, I loved Proraps and Thirsties xs. I would definitely stick with aplix through this time too, as I couldn't get snaps tight enough around him (we had to cross the tabs over on the covers and sposies. It got better after he was 4-5 months old, too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote