Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Are The Babykicks Joeybunz Premium Inserts Soft? Softer Than Bamboo?

I am considering buying some of the Joeybunz premium fleece inserts to use inside BG 4.0s because so many ppl have reccomended it, but I am having trouble finding in the reviews etc whether they are soft!!

And how do they compare softness and absorbency wise with bamboo?!!

Thanks!!

Advertisement

alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
RNmom926
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are The Babykicks Joeybunz Premium Inserts Soft? Softer Than Bamboo?

I just bought some and boiled them today. They are currently in the washing machine with some towels. I'll let you know how they turn out. maybe someone else can chime in on how soft they are after multiple uses.
RNmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't find them soft at all. After being washed multiple times, I found them too rough to use against my babies skin. They get knobby and pilly. Think of how an old sweatshirt gets all pilly on the inside. This is how mine ended up but more rough than the sweatshirt since the hemp was a rougher/coarser feeling fabric to begin with. I like the regulars more since they are a smooth fabric. They are still stiffer feeling and not soft, but seem like they would be more comfortable than the pilly fleece ones.

BUT- - - I did buy mine a few years ago. They could have changed the fabric they use now.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
RNmom926
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
I don't find them soft at all. After being washed multiple times, I found them too rough to use against my babies skin. They get knobby and pilly. Think of how an old sweatshirt gets all pilly on the inside. This is how mine ended up but more rough than the sweatshirt since the hemp was a rougher/coarser feeling fabric to begin with. I like the regulars more since they are a smooth fabric. They are still stiffer feeling and not soft, but seem like they would be more comfortable than the pilly fleece ones.

BUT- - - I did buy mine a few years ago. They could have changed the fabric they use now.
Did yours start out soft? The ones I just got are super soft. I really like that they are 2 seperate inserts just tacked together at the top for washing puposes. I really hope i like them. I'm mainly going to use them in pockets so if they do get crunchy hopefully I wont mind.
RNmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

They did start out soft, but mine just got scratchy after multiple washings. But I wouldn't worry about it if you are planning on using them in pockets. They are wonderful pocket inserts! I was using mine in Flip covers, so they got too rough for that, but in pockets they are GREAT!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah hopefully they have changed the fabric!!! Most of the reviews I've read about them dont mention anything about them being hard and a few say they are really soft. On amazon they have incredible reviews almost all 5 stars! So I guess bamboo is probably softer then? What are the main difference in performance etc betw the two types of fabric?!
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't find them to be soft but they are handsdown my favorite thing to use in pockets. I have used them in a cover in a pinch but it wouldn't be my first choice.