Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #1
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

How do you cook your pork chops? Brown rice side?

We are having pork chops this evening and I just wondered if anyone had a good recipe they'd like to share!!! And any recipes with brown rice as a side dish???

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you cook your pork chops? Brown rice side?

We broil ours. Seasoned with garlic salt, season-all, and parsley, then cooked 4-6 minutes on each side. They always turn out great!

Cannot help with the brown rice part.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sprinkle them with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder, sear them in a hot skillet, then add sliced onions, chopped apple, sauerkraut, apple juice, and a dollop of dijon mustard. Dunno if that would be good combined w/brown rice, but it sure is good!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Smothered Pork Chops

Season pork chops with cajun seasoning, more or less depending on how spicy you like it. Sear pork chops in a pan (you'll need a heavy bottomed deep sided pan) until brown, they don't have to be cooked all the way through because they'll cook again later in the sauce.
Remove pork chops and set aside, add a little oil back into the pan and add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped green pepper and cook until tender. Add a couple of tablespoons of flour and make a roux, you'll want to cook on low heat until flour browns (the darker the roux the more flavorful but don't let it burn) Once you get a nice dark color add a little water or chicken stock and wisk to get smooth. Once smooth add some more water and simmer until nice thickened. Add pork chops back in and simmer on low for about an hour. Pork chops will be nice and tender and its awesome over any kind of rice. You'll need bread for sopping up gravy too. YUM!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're really loving ours grilled; I marinate them for a couple of hours beforehand in mustard, A-1 sauce, a smidge of oil, white vinegar, salt, pepper, and a dash or two of cayenne pepper. Sometimes a splash of apple juice, too (if I do this, I usually use olive oil and leave out the cayenne; it makes for a little sweeter pork, rather than the spicier). It's got a ton of flavor (especially if you can marinate for more like 3 hours), so you wouldn't need a bunch of flavor in your rice. You could always add some peas to your rice (frozen ones) maybe about 5-7 minutes before it's done. Or if you did the sweeter pork, you could add just a little crushed pineapple.
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
AshersMommy
Registered Users
seller

This is what jason and I do, and we LOVE it! Buy one lemon for every two pork chops you have. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste (we go VERY heavy on the pepper), then slice the lemons in half and squeeze each half over a pork chop. Take a small piece of butter (1/2 tbsp is what I do, normally) and place in the center of pork chop. Push the used lemon half on top of the butter and press down.

They turn out sooo delicious. And we normally always have brown rice and steamed broccoli with it.

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Sorry if this is too late for ya, but thought I'd post mine!!

I love to use boneless cuts, but I suppose this might work with bone in as well!

I take Seasonall Salt *seasoned salt* and cover both sides with it *you can go a bit lighter, if you want, but we like it like this, and my hubby isn't a salt person, so it's not that bad*. DH likes me to put powdered cayenne on his, as well...I just pretty well sear them in a skillet and then turn the heat down and cook for a few minutes until they're done! Don't overcook them, otherwise they will be tough, but if you cook them just right...they are soooo tender and moist!
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
mylittlemonsters
Registered Users
seller

We have 2 favorite ways to cook pork chops.
1-breaded. We buy thin cut, the thinner the better (cooking time is less and they don't burn as easily) about 1/2 in thick at most (butcher will cut to thickness you want). coat them in egg and crushed saltine crackers, add salt and pepper to the crackers or egg or both. Then I fry them in a pan (make sure oil is good and hot, if it isn't they will get soggy instead of crispy) on the stove top.
2-baked. We use Lawrys Black pepper, with cracked black pepper seasoned salt. Bake them in the oven on 350 for about 15 min on each side (check often-cut into them if you are unsure by looking or poking).
We serve choice of potatos and veggies with both of these. Sometimes flavored rice.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

Everyone has had some great ideas, thanks so much!!
Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #10
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use one from the Pink Plaid Better Homes & Garden's Cookbook:

4 chops
1 cup crushed stuffing (i use stove top)
2 T butter
2 T milk
1 egg, beaten
pepper

pre-heat to 425

melt butter and spread it around a pyrex dish
mix egg, milk & dash or two of pepper, dip porkchop, then coat in crushed stove top, place in pyrex...repeat with all porkchops

bake 10 min, flip and bake another 10-15min

easy! i usually make with a veggie & side of...you guessed it, Stove top

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote