Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
preschooler wetting pants

All of a sudden my almost 3 year old I'd peeing her pants. Some times she tells me she has to go but by the time she gets to the toilet she wets. Other times she is in her room when it happens. What is going on? Any ideas? Have any of you been through this?

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia&Daria
All of a sudden my almost 3 year old I'd peeing her pants. Some times she tells me she has to go but by the time she gets to the toilet she wets. Other times she is in her room when it happens. What is going on? Any ideas? Have any of you been through this?
How long has she been potty trained?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: preschooler wetting pants

My DD is also almost 3 yrs old also and she sometimes just 'forgets' and goes a little in her panties, almost like she is leaking. She announces it and then knows to clean up after herself. It has happened in preschool a few times this year and we remind her to go on the potty. I think they just get distracted or they forget they can hold it or they wait too long to stop playing. Our DD has been potty trained for about 6 months.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
My daughter turned 4 in September and was potty trained loooong ago. She has accidents too. She just doesn't pay attention sometimes. At her age, I express my irritation. At 3, as long as it wasn't purposeful, I was more sympathetic.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

My three year old DD did that. At first I got so annoyed but then I just didn't make a big deal of it. When she had an accident (they usually didn;t make a mess on the floor) I would calmly tell her to throw her wet clothes in the laundry and to get new underwear and pants. She eventually stopped having accidents and the upside to the whole situation was that she finally learned how to put on her own pants and underwear.

I honestly think that some kids just regress a little and making a big deal of it does the situation no good. Believe me, my DS who is five went through a major accident phase and I totally overreacted and it did no good- when I calmed down and let him work it out himself things just fell into place and we all were much happier.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She has been potty trained long ago. But it is not once or twice, the past four days it has been happening every time she needs to pee.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it is every time and often maybe a UTI or other medical problem? My daughter is almost 3 too and has been trained for a year. A few months ago she had a few accidents in a week but when she woke up from her nap, I just made sure she went before laying down and they stopped but f multiple times a day I would be a little more worried.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia&Daria View Post
She has been potty trained long ago. But it is not once or twice, the past four days it has been happening every time she needs to pee.
That would concern me. I would take her to the pediatrician.

My dd would have accidents every once in a while at that age, long after she potty learned, but definitely not more than once in a day...even on a bad day.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote