Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Registered Users
Tinkle Time Trainers and Powerstretch Fleece Questions

I bought the Tinkle Time Trainer patterns almost six months ago when I had some vacation time and time to sew, but circumstances prevented me from using it. Now, in a few weeks, I will have some time off again and fortunately/unfortunately, my little one still needs trainers, especially night-worthy ones, so I'm hoping to finally be able to put the pattern to use.

Here are my questions for those of you who have used it or know these things in general:

1. The pattern, and lots of other places, recommend using Polartec Powerstretch Fleece for the best stretch/elasticity/fit, but when I go on the recommended Malden Mills site, there are a dozen different kinds of Polartech Powerstretch and none of them are white like the material used on the Ladderhill Tinkle Time Trainers. Any idea which powerstretch should be used and if it really matters? Which washes best? Which stretches best?

2. Powerstretch is supposed to be great because it has 4-way stretch. Does that mean it doesn't matter how/which direction you cut the fabric?

3. I have a nice Lands' End fleece shirt that is too small to wear in public (I sometimes sleep in it) with 97% polyester and 3% lycra. I'm thinking of cutting it up and using it instead of buying powerstretch fleece if I can't get my hands on it easily. Do you think I can use the same fleece for the stretchy side panels, leg and waist cuffs, and inner lining for a pocket trainers?

I know that folks use fleece from JoAnns and other kinds of fleece for soakers and trainers, but since I spent a small fortune on PUL and won't likely have time to make more than a few trainers, I really want these to be the real-deal-best-quality-most-likely-to fit-well-contain-overnight-pee-look- great-and-hold-up-to-multiple-wash trainers ever, so let me know what you think!

newdsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote