Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

The SHRIEKING! OMG the shrieking!

How do I make it stop? My baby just turned 9 months yesterday. In the last couple of weeks she had started to shriek. Just to hear the sound of her own self. Not because she is happy, hurt, mad, hungry, tired or any special reason, its Just because. She does it from morning until night all day long. High pitched ear piercing screams over and over again. She is doing it now. My boys never did this. Will she grow out of it? If so please tell me it will happen before bedtime tonight! LOL

Advertisement

Rewind_Selector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The SHRIEKING! OMG the shrieking!

yes she will grow out of it

although not likely in the matter of 1 day

what can you do? you can make it funny? like tickle her everytime. Of course, that could encourage it. I really don't think there's much to do. I used to shriek with her and we'd laugh and it eventually ended. Magnolia and I would sit there shrieking back to eachother. I found the only way to deal with it, was to try to make it fun for me
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Whenever my babies shrieked I responded in an almost whisper. Usually helped
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
crunch!910
Registered Users

I hum back to him, or whisper yell as I call it. Using the power of mimicing to my advantage. He still loves to shriek, but sometimes will copy me and get quieter.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

My one year old girl has loved shrieking for 2 months now. It's deafening. She does it when she wants something so I respond back with the right one-word word ( say "more", say "up") etc. It worked with my 2nd kiddo so I'm hoping it will eventually work with her too as she gets more language. It drives me crazy
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here she is doing it still LOL. There really is no rhyme or reason to when or why she screams. Its just what she does happy or sad. I found a trick just today though. She discovered another new sound. OOOOOOOOO. So when she shrieks I just look at her and go ooooooooooo. She usually copies it. But the shrieking seems to be THE favorite sound. She used to click her tongue. But that got old fast as soon as she mastered it. I'm afraid the ooooooo will be a passing fad as well but the shriek will remain.
Rewind_Selector is offline   Reply With Quote