Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

probably a dumb question about OPK's

I have never needed to use them. My cycle before my youngest was like clockwork. I had a 36 day cycle, o'ing on day 18. I got pg with my 3 kids on the first try for each. I never temp, just go by EWCM and date (and I always got EWCM on cd day 18 an no other time).

Well, Laney messed up my cycle big time, lol. Now they are between 24 and 38 days long, with occasional spotting in between (I had 3 full periods between 6/10 and 7/18 this summer!). I have been to see the midwife, but there isn't anything wrong, so far as we can tell (I had blood work and an exam). She suggested I try BC pills to regulate, but Im not interested in that if I can avoid it.

We are TTC, and I have been just relying on EWCM the last few months, and trying to count days as best I can with varying cycle lengths, but we haven't been able to get pregnant yet.

I bought some OPKs from ept.com, but I dont know how I am supposed to use them? Do i use one every day of my cycle? Only when I see EWCM? When I think the middle of my cycle may hit? Am I only O'ing when its really dark? Or when its light?

I need an OPK crash course, please!

Can someone help me or send me in the direction of the right book or website, please?

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: probably a dumb question about OPK's

Middle-of-the-afternoon pee is generally best for OPKs. Unlike HPTs where a line is a line, for OPKs, the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line, depending on the particular brand of test. (If just one lengthwise edge is darker, but the rest of the fatness of the test line is still just medium, then that's a positive result, too.) A positive result means you'll likely ovulate within 12-36 hours, but definitely confirm it with a temp shift of your basal body temperature.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: probably a dumb question about OPK's

So do i start taking them a couple days before i *think* i should o and then just continue until i get a dark line?

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC
So do i start taking them a couple days before i *think* i should o and then just continue until i get a dark line?
The first month I used OPKs I started a couple dys after AF was over. Now I just use them when I start getting fertile CM.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote