Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt

Mibarra- thanks, I had posted in SN and got the same about the 504. We were recommended to get an FM system but the Deaf/HOH woman for the district said he doesn't qualify? It's all really frustrating. We live really rural so there are no other kids in our school district who need one I guess :-/
Sigh. Small districts are even worse for D/HOH kiddos. It's a very small population generally and notorious for having to fight for everything... If there are no other kids who need one then it should be easier to get it I would think....my best advice is keep pushing them. Many D/HOH educators here primarily deal with kids who sign, so aren't very educated about amplified kids. Hope it works out!!!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
BBB has a neat looking pregnancy pillow, I think it was the boppy brand. Have you checked that one out?
I'm trying to remember the name of mine... Leachco I think? It's a horseshoe so supports belly and back. Love it!!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 18th-24th

I have a snoogle by Leachco.. very comfy

and our big ultrasound is tomorrow too! It snuck up on me.. this whole pregnancy is going so fast for me. Atleast now that I'm feeling better and not counting down the days til supposed 2nd trimester relief. but we're also team green, so just wanting to see a healthy baby and that there's no placenta previa or anything else that will derail my VBAC plans.

other than that, not a lot going on. It's Thanksgiving week, but with the exception of the fact that DH will be home Thursday and Friday, it seems like a fairly normal week to me we're not doing a big Thanksgiving meal for the 3 of us, but we did invite some friends over that night to share desserts. So, that'll be the most important part of Thanksgiving anyways - good company and good desserts

has anyone had back labor before? Naturally? I've been stressing about choosing this hospital thing and I really really want to go to the one that has a jacuzzi in every room. But, my gut and everything says to go to the other hospital and just hope that their 1 jacuzzi is available. Each room has a regular tub or shower and I took a shower last time and I think it helped? I can't remember. I'm not much into baths, really. So, sitting in a regular bathtub doesn't overly appeal to me.. but if it's really comforting for back labor, I'd be willing to consider it. I dreamt about waterbirths last night.

which is better than the night before when I dreamt that DD became a zombie - it was really freaky, I remember watching her eyes and her teeth and her little face change. My phone rang from a telemarketer at 3 or 5 am and woke me out of the dream and I'm really glad cause it was disturbing. Brought on my someone's facebook post about how the guy in Zombieland was desperate for Twinkies and now we all would be. Who would have known that that post would have stuck in my head and caused bad dreams.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Umm... big stuff... hmm...
Kelsey's DH is on board with homebirth now - wasn't that just last week? (swear, I used to have a memory!)
YES! it seems like it took him soooooo long to come around, but really it was just a few weeks. I am so thrilled.

So excited for all the mamas who are having their ultrasounds this week!! we get our blood test results on Tues. DH knows we are supposed to get results but I'm just going to pretend I don't get the email. I am forwarding it to my dad (without looking!! haha) who is going to call in the gender to a local cupcake company who is making pink- or blue-filled cupcakes for me and DH to eat and find out together. That should be Tuesday night if I get the results in time. I feel so creative! Haha. Normally I am awful about surprises. I can keep a secret, but I can't resist telling DH "Guessss whaaaaaaat?!?! I have a surrrrprise for youuuuuu!" He hates that.

I am starting to feel/see the baby kick regularly on the outside. I feel like this was so much earlier than with DS! I didn't keep a pregnancy journal with him, though, so I can't say for sure.

This morning in church was really, really hard for me. A group of men started a bible study over the summer after viewing the movie Courageous together and today there was a sort of culmination/commitment ceremony for the men that participated. The pastor read what I guess was the 11 principles that they studied, and they signed a ceremonial document together to show their devotion to their families, etc. DH doesn't share my faith, and actually rails against it pretty regularly. Several of the ladies in the bible study I attend were in front of the church with their husbands. It just sucked. I try to have faith that he will come around eventually, but being unequally yoked to someone who's not just ambivalent, but totally opposed to Christianity, is really hard on me. It doesn't help that at the beginning of the summer that I found out about an addiction to ****ography that has apparently been going on since before we got married. It made all of the time, effort, and energy that I had put into our marriage like a complete joke. Not to mention intimacy. And DH doesn't see anything wrong with it since "as soon as I found out, he stopped." Right.

Ugh. Sorry to vent. I've been able to ignore everything pretty well, but this morning brought all of those feelings back to the surface.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry

I remember when I was younger, my mom took us to church, but my dad would not go. He really rallied against it and there were tough times. But eventually, he did go and he did get saved, so I feel that it's always possible. I know it was rough on my mom, but there's hope!

and I'm sorry to hear about the ****ography. We'll look at the plus - he has stopped. So, that's a good thing. Of course, I agree with you that that 'doesn't make it all alright, etc', but it would be worse if he disregarded your feelings once he knew what your feelings were. So, this is a step in the right direction!

baby steps.. baby steps.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I had back labor, but got an epidural, so no help here. . The pain of back labor lasted longer than my 3 minute apart contractions, so I was maybe 30-60 seconds pain free. Plus I was woken up by regular contractions and at the hospital within an hour, so no gradual build up. I was begging for an epidural
Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah, they're sorta killer - those back contractions.

this doula says she knows ways to rotate the baby, but I'm not counting on it - I'm preparing for the worst again

chances are, I could have regular labor, but most things seem to indicate if you had back labor once, you're in for it again. I did not do well with it last time and I am trying to be better prepared.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I'm sorry

I remember when I was younger, my mom took us to church, but my dad would not go. He really rallied against it and there were tough times. But eventually, he did go and he did get saved, so I feel that it's always possible. I know it was rough on my mom, but there's hope!

and I'm sorry to hear about the ****ography. We'll look at the plus - he has stopped. So, that's a good thing. Of course, I agree with you that that 'doesn't make it all alright, etc', but it would be worse if he disregarded your feelings once he knew what your feelings were. So, this is a step in the right direction!

baby steps.. baby steps.
I feel more like we are standing still. I don't want it to happen again. I don't want to be vulnerable and have him hurt me again. He has broken promises in the past and he's done nothing to show me this is any different.

We've addressed the issue a few times before (shortly after we got married) and I was assured it was "no big deal" and it was done. Yeah, right. The trust is gone... The intimacy was never truly there... I can hardly bring myself to hug him, much less anything else. Which SUCKS because I am pregnant... I'm dying over here! But there is no desire for him whatsoever because I feel so deeply devastated by his actions. It doesn't help that he will periodically say stuff like (since he is still "taking care of things") "it's better than nothing" and "at least it was (****) there when I needed it" (at work??....). Just super hurtful.

I know he is dealing with his own set of issues and this has nothing to do with me - for crying out loud, we were having sex EVERY DAY when he was off work - but it doesn't make it much easier to take. It's like he resents me for being hurt. We were talking the other day about some physical difficulties (that probably wouldn't be there if not for this) and he flat out said he wasn't going to do anything to remedy them, he "didn't even want to hear what I had to say", and he "doesn't care if I refuse to have sex for two months... Nothing is changing, so get over it."

In the space of a few months, we went from (what I thought was) a good marriage, with daily time set aside to spend together over a devotional or conversation, regular intimacy, "dates" and time scheduled to spend together, affection throughout the day in one form or another, very few fights outside of his alcohol use, etc. to everything being absolutely icy cold, can't even get through a conversation, obviously uncomfortable together/around each other, hardly ANY sex (and he complains like he's the only one being "deprived"), and just hurt on top of hurt on top of hurt. And me feeling and dealing with all of this is not fair to this little baby I am growing. I just hate what we have come to.

Sorry for all of this... I just feel like there is no one I can talk to IRL who is objective enough or who I wouldn't be absolutely mortified telling.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
YES! it seems like it took him soooooo long to come around, but really it was just a few weeks. I am so thrilled.

So excited for all the mamas who are having their ultrasounds this week!! we get our blood test results on Tues. DH knows we are supposed to get results but I'm just going to pretend I don't get the email. I am forwarding it to my dad (without looking!! haha) who is going to call in the gender to a local cupcake company who is making pink- or blue-filled cupcakes for me and DH to eat and find out together. That should be Tuesday night if I get the results in time. I feel so creative! Haha. Normally I am awful about surprises. I can keep a secret, but I can't resist telling DH "Guessss whaaaaaaat?!?! I have a surrrrprise for youuuuuu!" He hates that.

I am starting to feel/see the baby kick regularly on the outside. I feel like this was so much earlier than with DS! I didn't keep a pregnancy journal with him, though, so I can't say for sure.

This morning in church was really, really hard for me. A group of men started a bible study over the summer after viewing the movie Courageous together and today there was a sort of culmination/commitment ceremony for the men that participated. The pastor read what I guess was the 11 principles that they studied, and they signed a ceremonial document together to show their devotion to their families, etc. DH doesn't share my faith, and actually rails against it pretty regularly. Several of the ladies in the bible study I attend were in front of the church with their husbands. It just sucked. I try to have faith that he will come around eventually, but being unequally yoked to someone who's not just ambivalent, but totally opposed to Christianity, is really hard on me. It doesn't help that at the beginning of the summer that I found out about an addiction to ****ography that has apparently been going on since before we got married. It made all of the time, effort, and energy that I had put into our marriage like a complete joke. Not to mention intimacy. And DH doesn't see anything wrong with it since "as soon as I found out, he stopped." Right.

Ugh. Sorry to vent. I've been able to ignore everything pretty well, but this morning brought all of those feelings back to the surface.
Im in an unequally yoked marriage too. I just do what can and be an example. Pray, pray, pray.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kelsey, I am sorry.. I have no answers, but I will pray.

and please feel free to vent - this is a safe place where you can be heard and not judged.