Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Every year I prob spend $250-300, but I'm trying to not buy as much this year and do more like $200. We'll see how that pans out lol.

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

We are spending much more this year. The two older kids are getting Nabi 2 which is why we are spending more. We do 3 gifts each and usually spend less than $75 per kid. I am not stressing over the extra $ this year as our over all Christmas buying list has been cut in half since we wont be buying any gifts for DH's side
Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
We are spending about the same as last year.

$700 for each teenager
$500 for each middle kid (4 of them)
$250 on the baby.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

More. Because I started earlier. I should have waited, but now everytime I shop for someone else, I see things for DD and I buy them.

I'm thinking of holding onto some of it for Easter or random rainy days or even just as things to use in a 'nursing bag' when the new baby comes.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #15
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are spending much less than in previous years. We are dirt poor this year. Every penny is claimed. Fortunately our families are very generous, so hopefully our kids won't notice that there isn't much from us.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
crunch!910
Registered Users

Well, I'm personally against the idea of buying 10 gifts for each child, and we don't do Santa. The boys will each get one present from us, and we will take the 3 year old separately to have him pick out a special present for his baby brother, and we will pick something out for the 3 year old "from" baby brother. DH and I probably will not buy each other presents because I can't imagine we'll be able to afford much more than the gifts described above. So I imagine total we'll probably spend less than $50-75 on gifts. We don't buy/can't afford to buy gifts for anyone else other than the kids.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Under $100 each. Less than last year, just because we want to get them different stuff than last year.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

Less because we are taking a Disney Cruise. I really just planned on getting some small items. I guess if you count the cost of the cruise it would be more than last year.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not sure how much we spent on ds last year but he got a lot! He is the only grandchild on both sides and got an overload of gifts from family as well. This year we bought him 1 present ($100 power wheels) and I will put a couple inexpensive stocking stuffers. I asked family to please not go overboard but I know I can't control it. I feel he will get more than enough.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #20
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If we include extended family - really only parents, dh's brother/SIL and their ds - probably around $1000 total for 12 people. WAAAAY less than last year. We're going to take advantage of Boxing Day sales for some house stuff dh and I want to replace.

My mom - $50 card to Winners and I'm making her a cabled clutch.

MIL- $50 to her fave restaurant and some new scrub shirts (I have a gc and should be able to get 2 or 3 for about $20).

FIL/SMIL and BIL/SIL (each)- $50 restaurant card and $25 movie theatre -- free night out. :-)

Nephew - $25 to Toys R Us (he loves legos) and I picked up mohawk toques for him and ds3 at TCP for $3.99 each.

Everyone has all the big electronic stuff already, so we're doing a LOT of clothes this year (yay ebates) since all 3 seem to have hit major growth spurts. Then we'll pick up some Wii and itunes cards, Subway cards for the bigguns (right across from the high school), and more books for ds3.

Ds1 is also getting a Driver's Handbook, I got a wicked Halo lego set for ds2 on clearance a few weeks ago for $20 (reg $69ish), and I got ds3 a super cool case for his ipod on ebay for $5 that looks like the old gameboy colour.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum