Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Spending about the same I think. $100 for Gigi, $75 for William. A bit more for my son maybe, since last year was his first.

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

A lot less, and I didn't spend THAT much last year. We just don't have any money due to lots of unexpected expenses this year. We buy for lots of extended family. Each LO is getting 3 presents and stocking stuffers. The kids' will cost about $50 each, although the value of the presents are about $200 each.
I know the kids will notice it's not as much so we talked about the importance of giving instead of receiving and appreciating what we have.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

A lot less. I have no idea how we will be getting them anything for Christmas

Dh's hours have been cut in half. None of the temp agencies have jobs open. We have a baby due any time. I already borrowed money to pay rent.

I'm just trying to figure out what I can without alerting the kids.
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

Her main gift is about $80 this year, we'll probably get a few little things and spend about $100 total. I'd guess that's what we spend each year, but we don't pay attention. It's more about picking a main gift that she will really love, and going from there. We will probably spend $50 or less on each other, which is the norm for us.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #25
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm spending a little more this year than I did last year. The last 2 years exH has gone in half with me on DDs big gifts so that saved me a little. This year, we're doing our own. I've budgeted $200 for each kid. (that includes from santa and from us for the kids)
I bought nieces and nephews and my little brother and sister throughout the year on clearance and great sales so I've probably spent $100 total for 8 kids. I found the thing DH wants for 110 with a $15 rebate so his will be right at $100.
I had pics made of the kids yesterday and spent $175 on the package and that'll take care of pics for me and also 4 grandparents and 4 aunts/uncles.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #26
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not really sure how much we will be spending though I am going to be way more purposeful with what I buy. We live in a smaller place this year and have a smaller cash flow so i want to make sure that what I buy will be things that the kids really want and not just stuff that I got a good deal on. Plus, I know that my mom is going to go way overboard which gives me the incentive to spend even less.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done at 3 View Post
I spend $300 ish each, yikes. Maybe that's why I stress so much about gifts! I'm spending way too much! I pretty much don't buy them much other than birthday and Christmas though. If they see things they like they add them to their wish lists and get them at occasions.
That is exactly what I do--add it to the list and ONLY give gifts on birthday and Christmas. We give each child 1-2 gifts for birthdays and 3 (like Jesus got) for Christmas. Usually spend $50 for birthday and $100 for Christmas for each child. Our spending limits we have are by choice, not necessity.

We don't gift to anyone except our kids, our parents, and DH and I. Same thing--by choice, not necessity.

Last edited by Melinda29; 11-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

100 each, which is the same as last year, only last year I only had the one kid! I probably am borrowing some from my currently 6 month old for my 5 year old, but the 6 month old won't care. I'm probably going to have to up it next year, DD1 is starting to get hard to buy for and stay within that budget now.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We spent more this year than ever. This is the first year we can really afford it, the first year our eldest can even use a high-priced hot toy and Daddy couldn't leave the store without getting Furbies for each of the children (). We still need to get a few things for our younger son, though only one will be more than twenty dollars, and we have to do stockings, which are very expensive. I'm thinking of skipping the shared gifts I had wanted and planned to get for the boys because we've already spent more than I intended to spend this year. They don't really need anything.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #30
HappyEarthCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: wonder1one
seller

We'll be lucky to have anything to spend on our kids this year. Definitely less than last year.
HappyEarthCreations is offline   Reply With Quote