Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

Maybe $25-30 per kid. We don't have much extra spending cash this year. Thankfully, my kids are young enough that I can still get away with that without a whole lot of explaining. A couple My Little Ponies and a puzzle or two and my kids are happy campers. Whew!

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #42
princessizziesmommy
Registered Users

Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

We have spent less than $75.00 on all 3 kids. They are getting 1 toy each that was bought on clearance, some clothes, a game or small item, a family game, and stocking stuffers. I shop all year long but have been very careful this year to only buy a few items.
princessizziesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #43
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
$200 for the 3 oldest and $100 for the youngest. The only reason it's so much for the older kids is because they are getting iPod touches and my mom is helping us pay for them. Usually our budget is $100 for each child.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #44
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

We had planned about $200 but hubby blew past that long ago.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My parents always buy WAY too much for our boys, so we are scaling back this year, each boy got 1 big thing and a few little things,and lots of mint condition yard sale things So I am guessing $50 each? Then I will have to buy for the grandparents (3 sets) but won't spend much there, most likely a picture frame with pictures of the boys. I also have a friends little girl to buy for, my cousin and her son and daughter (more like a sister and a niece and nephew ), the two babies I babysit for, and I want to get my niece and her husband some things, as they don't have a lot right now. Oh, and the great grandparents, we will probably include them in on the picture idea!!

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #46
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are not wealthy but I have been buying stuff for my son here and there for the last, well, year!! My love language must be giving bc I love to buy and give presents! We have spent hundreds already and plan to spend more! I tend to buy a present per paycheck and stow it away! We only have one so that makes it a lot easier to spend more on him. I think DH is going to buy a tablet for the family. I will only spend about 20 to 40 dollars for his gifts. If I could I would buy him the world! And we wanted to stick with more traditional toys and less plastic but DS has spoken and I buy what he likes. I spent my childhood feeling neglected and ignored bc my mom bought me what she liked and I had to deal with it even though she knew I wouldn't like it. And I am not talking about not having the money to get what I wanted just that she would but me clothes in the colour purple knowing I hated purple. And she would buy me all girly stuff, again I was a tom boy. So I plan to listen to my son and but him stuff he wants.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #47
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we rarely spend much. I shop throughout the year, then finish up with cyber black friday deals. This year, we have spent no more than $50 oop for each child (though, through crowdtap, we got amazon giftards, so that helped).

We also don't do a ton. We just don't need a ton of...well, stuff.

My husband and I don't do gifts.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote