Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
anyone drive a 2011 Kia Sorento?

If so are you happy with it? We are looking at one today and may drive home with it in a few hours. I would love to hear of anyones experience. TIA

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: anyone drive a 2011 Kia Sorento?

We love ours. Especially the extra seat that can be folded down
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Everyone I know who's owned a Kia ends up spending tons on repairs after the 1st year or two.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Angel89411
Banned

We have an '08 Kia with almost 60k miles. We are just now needing new breaks. Other than that, no issues. Never been in the shop except when we got hit a couple of months ago. It is a Kia optima. They are getting better than when they first came out. Just saying Kia does not equal cruddy car.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411 View Post
We have an '08 Kia with almost 60k miles. We are just now needing new breaks. Other than that, no issues. Never been in the shop except when we got hit a couple of months ago. It is a Kia optima. They are getting better than when they first came out. Just saying Kia does not equal cruddy car.
Yep. We've had a 2007 Rondo and 2011 Sedona and never had a single issue other than needing new tires for the Rondo at around 35,000 miles. Kia/Hyundai wins *a lot* of awards anymore, the brand has changed enormously since the 90s/early 2000s.
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
We bought a 2008 Sorento new in 2008. We just traded it in for a van, but it was 4 years old and has almost 100k miles on it (long commutes!). It was a great car - never needed any repairs, and still ran great. I've always heard that 2008 is when Kias became "good" cars, not just cheap foreign cars.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Everyone I know who's owned a Kia ends up spending tons on repairs after the 1st year or two.
They have a fantastic warranty if your buying new shouldn't need to pay a dime if anything does happen to go wrong.

I'm on my second one. I bought a new Sorento in 2006 and then traded it in on the new 2011 back in 2010. I was suckered into the optional 3rd row seating I love my car. This is 3 years I've had it now. The only issue I've had i is the break sensor switch needed to be replaced due to recall I think. It was completely free. Free tow (since it wouldn't start) and free replacement. Even washed and vacuumed it out while there!
With both of my cars I've never had any other issues. Period. Kia is really coming up in the car business. Yes, when they first were being produced they were a nice cheap car to get in to but now their quality is so much better. I love that they are sporty (I have the v6) but still great on gas. I average 29 MPG. less obviously if it's stop and go traffic which gives me anywhere from 19-24 MPG.
They are also full time all wheel drive yet you can push to activate the stay in 4 wheel drive mode if you are in need and don't want it to be optional.

I really like my car. I think it's a perfect car for our family with a price I can afford
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! We did end up buying it. I knew that the older models did tend to have problems and had heard that the newer ones were made better. We got the 3rd row seating because we have extra kids fairly often.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdmama*3 View Post
Thanks everyone! We did end up buying it. I knew that the older models did tend to have problems and had heard that the newer ones were made better. We got the 3rd row seating because we have extra kids fairly often.
I think your going to really like it. What color did you get? My only regret is that I didn't spring for that amazing double sun roof. but we were buying it brand new off the truck so it was quite a pretty penny more.
Also was it still covered under the warranty?
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1 View Post
I think your going to really like it. What color did you get? My only regret is that I didn't spring for that amazing double sun roof. but we were buying it brand new off the truck so it was quite a pretty penny more.
Also was it still covered under the warranty?
It titanium silver, v6 and yep still covered under warranty! I drove a Chrysler Pacifica before and loved it and this is fairly similar but better in gas mileage and I like that it sits higher off the road. I did buy used because it was a great price and we hope to throw any extra money we have toward it and pay it off asap. You really average 29 mpg? That is awesome! I got around 17-18 mpg in my pacifica.