Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Reusable pouch recipes

Finally got my reusable food pouches! And not a moment too soon as DD (18 months) has recently become a picky eater but will eat any pouch I give her! Looking for some recipe ideas, mainly fruit/veggie/grain combos (similar to what you would buy in the store). Thanks'

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Cinder4320
Registered Users
seller

Re: Reusable pouch recipes

Great idea for a topic. I'm waiting on mine to arrive! What brand did you go with?
Cinder4320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

What kind do you have? We have the sili squeeze and I find that I have to have very fine purees for them to get it out. I have one that uses the regular top and one that uses the ease, but they both have trouble with thicker mixtures. When I'm in a pinch time-wise I add a little fruit or veggie juice to whole milk plain yogurt to thin it out a bit. It's one of their favorites!
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought two of the infantino ones from TRU as I had a gift card. Love the look of the Sili-squeeze and plan to buy one or two so good to know about consistency. I also want to try the little green pouch. Haven't actually used ours yet but plan to today so I'll post about how it works. So far the only thing I made was sweet potato/carrot/raspberry. I did find a bunch of recipes on the little green pouch website and they even have printable recipe cards.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ooooh subbing! I plan on getting these as they come 4 to a pack, pretty reasonable in price and can go in the dishwasher.

http://www.littlegreenpouch.com/
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well we tried to use it today and it didn't go so well. I had to thin out the purée just so dd could get any and even then she couldn't get like the last 1/2 inch out of the pouch. Gonna experiment some more but think these will end up getting used more by my big girls and I'll end up ordering the little green pouches
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do the little green pouches work better? I'm interested in getting some reusable pouches myself because my son loved the fruit pouches at Starbucks and I want to use them for little girly in a few months.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolalex
Do the little green pouches work better? I'm interested in getting some reusable pouches myself because my son loved the fruit pouches at Starbucks and I want to use them for little girly in a few months.
They review really well
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
bemindful
Registered Users

My Mood:

you can get some of Tyler Florence's Sprout recipes at sproutbabyfood.com I don't use the pouches, put my LO love the recipes
bemindful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
mollym
Registered Users

My Mood:

How hard is it to clean the reusable pouches?
mollym is offline   Reply With Quote