Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Gallbladder Flush? Anyone try this?

I can promise you the pumpkins seeds are a really bad idea. If you have gall bladder issues, making a diet out of pumpkin seeds will be very painful.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
There is a med they can give you to shrink gallstones and it takes 6-7 months. So I can't imagine juice will do it in a day. Anyone with gallbladder issues is told to eat a low fat diet so ingesting that amount of olive oil can definitely make things worse. I would instead eat VERY low fat and that can help. My friend was able to put the surgery off for a year by adjusting his diet.
Its the fats in the oil that stimulate the gallbladder to extract the stones in this process. The epsom salt and acidic juices (lemon, lime or grapefruit) dialate the ducts so that the stones can pass.
Changing your diet keeps the stones in there and makes it so the your diet doesnt "irritate" the gallbladder.
The Fats/oils in food triggers the release of bile from the gall bladder so it can be digested and can cause a stone to get lodged causing pain. If the ducts are dialated large enough then the stones can pass. This is the info i have been reading on for 2 days now, nonstop. It makes !!!

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
I can promise you the pumpkins seeds are a really bad idea. If you have gall bladder issues, making a diet out of pumpkin seeds will be very painful.
I am not going to eat the pumpkin seeds untill i am done with this flush. Those are for a "parasite" flush I was reading on for the colon. I will just add them to my diet AFTER the flush to help with the colon.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy

I believe the reason for the oil is because you spend a few days eating none so that the bile builds up then the oil makes it all come out helping to "flush" the stones from your system.
It doesn't work that way. But to each their own.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break

Last edited by eliz7; 11-19-2012 at 09:56 AM.
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #25
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

OP I hope it works for you. That being said their is absolutely nothing scientific or probably effective about this method. I looked into it myself when I was having gallbladder issues and after reading quite a bit realized that it couldn't work... That being said knowing how painful gallbladder attacks are I can understand the desperation.

This article is pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
There is a med they can give you to shrink gallstones and it takes 6-7 months. So I can't imagine juice will do it in a day. Anyone with gallbladder issues is told to eat a low fat diet so ingesting that amount of olive oil can definitely make things worse. I would instead eat VERY low fat and that can help. My friend was able to put the surgery off for a year by adjusting his diet.
ITA, my brother was very young and having gallbladder issues. They didn't want to operate because he was so young. He spent a year eating I believe 15 grams of fat or less per day. He managed almost a year like that before they made the decision to just remove the sucker. Before he would go in for his tests they would have him eat a high fat meal (olive oil would do it too) and he would be doubled over in agony.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'm just skeptical that what people are passing are really stones and not something made up of the epsom salts, lime juice, and oil that are colored the right color because the colon is empty of everything but bile.

And the amount of stones and sizes seem too many/large to pass without experiencing a lot of pain in the process and people aren't reporting pain.

Last edited by mcpforever; 11-19-2012 at 10:03 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
I guess I'm just skeptical that what people are passing are really stones and not something made up of the epsom salts, lime juice, and oil that are colored the right color because the colon is empty of everything but bile.
The article I quoted explains that it's actually a saponification process caused by the ingestion of the oil and are not gallstones. Gallstones will sink and they are not a gelatinous texture. Kind of weird but some people actually make jewelry out of gallstones. They are rock hard.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7

It doesn't work that way. But to each their own.
I'm just saying that's is how they explain it. Ive never done the flush. Like I said I ended up in the hospital with an infection with mine and was there for a week total. If it could help the op who cares if its scientific or proven. I doubt it will do anymore harm.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #29
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Let us know how it works out for you. I don't think it can hurt, maybe it's cleaning something else out. Isn't there sludge sometime rather than stones in the gallbladder? Maybe that's what's passing.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Personally I wouldn't try it... It can cause the stones to plug your bile duct and that's a serious emergency situation. I went from moderate pain to emergent in a matter of weeks. When I went in for surgery it wasn't even "that bad" but needed to come out only to find my gallbladder was swollen and tight like a drum. Ended up needing more than just lap-surgery, a 1-1/2" incision, staples, weeks of recovery. It sucked. But I would take that over dying from sepsis any day!

I had been previously diagnosed with a PP uterine infection but I strongly believe now looking back it was my gallbladder, but I was so afraid of going to the ER and them examining me, it was so painful I could barely sit down to pee, no way I could do a vag exam. I took a round of abx my OBs office gave me without an exam and felt good but still had these weird shooting pains inside. Then the stomach pains started while on vacation after I ate, radiating from under my ribs, through to my back and up my shoulder and then would go away. I tried ACV shots during an attack, lived on mashed potatoes made with broth and Jello. Then I went to my 6wk PP checkup and she said it was my Gallbladder and I needed to be seen ASAP! I went to the ER after my regular dr and another clinic both denied me an appt and said go straight to the ER on a Fri afternoon. They treated my pain, referred me to a surgeon and said I would need surgery but they needed to schedule it because it wasn't an emergency. Well the next week I was even worse, ended up having emergency surgery Thurs night. They said I wouldn't have made it another 48hrs without having some serious complications. My bile duct was clogged with a stone causing my gallbladder to swell. It was bad!
And my grandma had gallbladder removed when I was in 5th grade and the stones had gotten gangrene. They were hard black and green rocks! I swear, there was nothing that looked like grapes or felt like gelatin. It can be very bad! I know it's hard when you don't have insurance, but the ER cannot refuse treatment based on your ability to pay. There are programs (through Catholic hospitals especially) that will discount emergency treatment based on income and such. Good luck... It's not fun but its better to know then to just guess and try something that could further complicate things.