Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

I know I'm nuts, but.....can you help me fix something that isn't broken?

We use BG 4.0s at night, stuffed with the one-size insert + a Hemp Babies Little Weeds. We rarely leak. We don't have stink. There are no red marks. I'm just....over it.
Maybe I just want to spend some money.
I just have visions of something....squishier...? for nighttime. Something soft and cozy. Something not so...synthetic?
Our entire stash is pockets. Our babysitter (who really should be upgraded to nanny-status--she changes the most diapers) is cool with whatever, but I feel like pre-stuffed pockets are the no-fail way to go. They are easy for her, DH, grandma, etc.
So, I'm not looking to change our stash, necessarily. But now that little guy is sleeping for a good 10-12 hours every night, I figure I can justify spending a bit on something cozy, comfortable, and natural for him to spend half his hours of the day in.
SO--I've had my eye on Sbish Snapless Fitteds. I like the fact that I can snappi them for a perfect fit, and from what I've read, they seem to be adequate for nighttime (I would call DS an average wetter). I have one Stacinator fleece cover, and a few Econobums.
I guess my real question is, what is an awesome, somewhat trim, organic would be a plus, comfy, cozy, nighttime-worthy fitted?
Next question: should I even bother? The BGs DO work, but....could I do better?
And then: what other fleece covers should I look into? I'm not into wool, and if I'm going to use PUL, I might as well just stick with the 4.0s, kwim?

Thank you for reading my ramble. I think I'm just itching for some mail

Advertisement

CAaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know I'm nuts, but.....can you help me fix something that isn't broken?

I say....take the money and buy something nice and fluffy for yourself! Or your significant other...or your mother.

If what you're using works, keep doing it and scratch your itch with something else.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

If you can afford it and you would like a confier nighttime diaper I say go for it.

I don't have any suggestions for nighttime diapers as, so far ds2 does great in any fitted we have put on him for night. Of course he usually goes down around 2am and is up around 7 to see the older kids off to school. I also change him then. So he rarely wears a diaper longer then 5-6 hours, even at night. Days it is usually only 2 hours.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Len27
Registered Users
seller

I liked the bamboo motherease sandies with a double added, with a pull cover or wool shorties over top. Sandies aren't overly trim, but they are deliciously squishy.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

No don't change! I regret changing up my laundry routine and two months later still battling stink. Not the same thing, but when it comes to diapering I'm weary of messing with it.

If you really want to splurge, there is a wonderful world of wool out there.....just saying. Your LOs bum will have some breathability Or you could just splurge on yourself. I think as parents we tend to stop splurging altogether on ourselves, or me anyways, so sometimes it is nice to go out and get you some new sexy underwear or whatever makes you feel nicer
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wool longies with a Thirsties Duo Fab fitted and Hemp insert
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I would do the Sbish or a TotBots fitted, and an emotibums fleece cover, though I love my wool, I get the not wanting to deal with it! I am waiting for the GroVia Kiwi Pie fitteds and wool before I add to my fitteds and wool, but I do think a fitted and fleece would be more comfy overnight than a pocket. However, if he's used to stay dry pockets at night, be prepared to add in a fleece liner
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
Wool longies with a Thirsties Duo Fab fitted and Hemp insert
This, except we use a wrap-style wool cover instead of longies.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 25mths & an average wetter.

I really like Imse Vimse Organic Cotton Velour Covers for a nighttime/breathable option. You can go with a bamboo/cotton prefolds trifolded (this is what we do most of the time) it's super easy, soft & squishy. You could also put a Thirsties Duo Prefold, Flip Organic Insert or Bamboo flat in it. These have all worked for us in a the IV Cotton Velour Cover.

Our other variation for night is a Motherease One Size Fitted with snap in doubler & greenline bamboo doubler (any extra doubler would work) covered with wool...fleece would be great too if you don't want to go the wool route. This combo is nice because there's no aplix. (sometimes we also cover with a bummis super pant-but this is PUL)

**I also find that I get bored with doing the same thing every night. Having the two systems has been good for that. I wouldn't get rid of what works, just maybe add something for a little change

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14

Last edited by togetherinthelandofoz; 11-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

My thought is a bg will be more comfy since it is stay dry. I have used BGs on my kids at night for almost 4 years straight and I use similar inserts, I use a cotton flat and a joeybunz hemp insert together. I wouldn't use a fitted at night since they generally are not made with a stay dry lining. The fluffy-ness of the diaper I think is irrelevant, what I think matters more for the baby/child are what pajamas they wear, their favorite blankets, their bed sheets.....now that stuff can really "wrap them up" with softness and cuddly-ness.