Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
jnjb
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thoughts on Mother-ease Fitted

I am considering cloth diapering. I have a friend willing to sell me her mother-ease fitted diapers (rather inexpensively). They are probably 4-5 years old (in case the style has changed). Just thought I would get you guys' thoughts and feedback before I make a purchase. Although inexpensive, I don't have the money to make a bad purchase. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

jnjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

You should read this entire thread:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1370277

I love MEOS. I have 10 that I bought new that are awesome. I use the snap in stay dry liners with them. I could not use these for any length of time without a snap in liner, though; they just aren't absorbent enough on their own.

I have two that I got in a trade and the mama wasn't upfront about their condition. They have obviously been used for several years. They are much softer than the ones I bought new, so in that sense they get better with age. But, they are so thin that I have to use another doubler under the snap in liner to get enough absorbency to last us over an hour.

So feel of these that this mama has for sale - if they feel super thin, they probably aren't going to be absorbent enough.

My daughter was recently sick with the flu and having horrible diarrhea. My MEOS were all I used then, because they contained it all. They are fantastic diapers, if you don't mind a fitted + cover system and you are okay with their "granny panty" cut.

My ex husband's first wife (what a mess, I know) used a set of MEOS from birth to potty on two kids, for a total of 6 years. He says they were still in great shape and going strong after that.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Thoughts on Mother-ease Fitted

Not knowing what style your friends has, I will say that I LOVE Mother-Ease diapers, specifically the Sandy's & the AIOs. With my last child,we really only needed the smalls til the very end of diapering (she potty trained herself at 2 years 4months), although my daughter is very small. I would make sure that you get sizes you will use & that they aren't too worn. HTH!

Last edited by ~*~Sunflower~*~; 11-20-2012 at 12:08 PM.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
jnjb
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am pretty sure they are the one size fitted. Actually they were never used, just purchased several years ago. I was wondering about the fact that they don't have elastic around the edge. Does it work as well as those that do? I am disappointed that they don't have much absorbency (as mentioned above, having to always add something else).
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjb View Post
I am pretty sure they are the one size fitted. Actually they were never used, just purchased several years ago. I was wondering about the fact that they don't have elastic around the edge. Does it work as well as those that do? I am disappointed that they don't have much absorbency (as mentioned above, having to always add something else).
I think he absorbency on the one-size is the same as the Sandy's (though I can't guarantee that). Personally, other than for overnight, we never even had to use a doubler. I always buy doublers, but don't really ever use them!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

One thing I have found is if they are the cotton ones, after washed several times, they get scratchy and rough. The bamboo ones do not loose the softness. With a sandy's one with a doubler they will last my boys all night when paired with wool. The sizing is great, and they last a long time in one particular size. I just recently had to size up to the large Sandy's for my 26# 20 month olds.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
jnjb
Registered Users

My Mood:

They are cotton. Anybody else experience them getting scratchy and rough after washing?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjb View Post
They are cotton. Anybody else experience them getting scratchy and rough after washing?
They do. But not enough to deter me from using them.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
jnjb
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks! Just worried about his sensitive skin and there are SO many choices out there. It is tough to make a decision and jump in.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Amperry01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had any bad experiences with MEOS, they are wonderful in my opinion, I haven't had any leaks, I do change every two hours or sooner though, and for nights the Sandys bamboo fitteds are AMAZING! That with the doubler and a wool cover is my night diaper and it works awesome!
Amperry01 is offline   Reply With Quote