Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #21
Registered Users
Re: should I forward face him?

Just humor me and try the seats in the middle again. Make sure that the front vehicle seats are all the way upright, not at all reclined. And make sure that the car seats are installed at their most upright allowable angle. I would be very surprised if the boulevard is too big for BOTH of your cars.

jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #22
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
My Mood:

The new recomendation is at least 2 years old so I would wait. I know he's solid, but he may thin out. My three year old was a chunk and she has slimmed out and actually LOST weight. So now she is only 37 pounds rather than 38.
Tanya, mama to four wonderful girls, wifey to my favorite guy
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

He will need to be turned around in 3 lbs anyway? I'd say do it. It's not worth it for it to be that unfun. I should state that I turned my son around alot earlier than I had hoped to because it just worked better for us, happier family was worth it.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #24
Registered Users
Originally Posted by itiswhatitis1984
What if you let him climb into it on his own & then you just have to buckle him. Since its on an end spot what if he climbed in the opposite side and you tell him to get in his seat & you will come around the other side and buckle him up. Maybe make a game of it and see if he can beat you to his seat. If he gets in himself there won't be more head bangs plus it might limit his fighting because he's in control of getting in the seat and you can rear face for a little longer
This is a good idea. Making it a game.

And I wouldn't necessarily rely on what a pp said about him only having three more pounds to go. My DS hit a weight plateau right around that weight and held stable for several months while he grew taller.
I'd wait until he outgrew the limits of the seat and just keep trying out ways to make it more doable until you find something that works.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote