Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #111
Boohakis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Alva stealing prints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineypaige View Post
I'm honestly getting more and more turned off by this board. Here I thought it was a group of very accepting, non judgmental women, but this post is showing people's true colors.
As a new to cloth mama, I will say that in my opinion, this forum seems to foster a general feeling of distaste for those mamas who use brands such as Sunbaby, Alva, etc

It has turned me off to this forum as well. As if because we can't afford $15-20 diapers we aren't "real" CD-mamas.

It's amazing how much some people care about and judge others for what diapers others choose for their family.

Apparently, being accepting and non-judgmental doesn't fall under the "crunchy" category.

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #112
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
I can't speak for those brands in particular. But I do know that, as a retailer, I get contacted ALL. THE. TIME. from companies like Alva offering to take my logo and slap it on their products. And there are tons of US retailers that do this. Join Zulily or any other deal of the day site and at least once a week, you will see the rebranded Alva diapers come through with a different name on the label. And something else that is infuriating to me is that they try to make people feel like they are getting a good deal - A $25 diaper that we have marked down to $12.99!!!! Hurry and buy them before they are gone! But those who are familiar know they are all $4.00 diapers.

And I don't intend to make anyone feel bad. One of the first diapers I bought was a Kawaii years ago when I didn't know all about this. But hopefully, when we know better, we do better.
I have complained to Zulily MANY times and they SWEAR nothing they sell (for 10 bucks each) is a rebranded Alva even when I showed that for several brands they offered the pictures on Zulily were takes DIRECTLY from the ALva website. They are totally ripping people off and it's why I no longer buy from Zulily.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #113
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boohakis View Post
As a new to cloth mama, I will say that in my opinion, this forum seems to foster a general feeling of distaste for those mamas who use brands such as Sunbaby, Alva, etc

It has turned me off to this forum as well. As if because we can't afford $15-20 diapers we aren't "real" CD-mamas.

It's amazing how much some people care about and judge others for what diapers others choose for their family.

Apparently, being accepting and non-judgmental doesn't fall under the "crunchy" category.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #114
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmommyof3 View Post
Thank you Sally and Amy (Moderators) for their quick response tonight and tackling this issue. You ladies are fantastic and GroVia truly appreciates your efforts!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #115
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineypaige View Post
I'm honestly getting more and more turned off by this board. Here I thought it was a group of very accepting, non judgmental women, but this post is showing people's true colors. I commented several posts after the one where I said that I would probably buy from Alva again, just not stolen prints, that this was really making me think, and instead of being encouraging and stating your sincere opinions in a kind way, you say nothing but "No comments!" as if you can't believe I would do such a thing. It was rude and unnecessary unless that was your intention, to make me feel bad, which I guess maybe it was.
I, personally, am not judging moms for buying Alvas. It doesn't change the fact that buying Alva diapers supports their business practices. Voting with your wallet, so to speak. Giving them money for their product while knowing what they do is rewarding the real "bad guy".

If you didn't know, then you're not really a part of this equation at all.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #116
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:

Im sorry you feel that way The difference between diaperswappers and the other groups that just do coops is we love and encourage our wahms here. A lot have gotten their starts here before they turned big!! I hope you can see past us not running alva and find way more topics you can relate to here! We are more than just diapers and fluff!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #117
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:

Prefolds and flats are not $15-20 diapers, mama. It's not about diaper snobbery. It's about supporting ethical business practice, especially when it affects WAHMs we all talk to on a daily basis.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #118
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVeryBest View Post
No comments!
That is a comment.

Back on topic. I buy Alvas and will continue to do so. $25 is a weeks worth of food in South Africa. A packet of sposies is $12 here. I will buy my Alvas and use them because they are cheap, good quality and save the planet.

Judge away.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #119
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa

I am really new to all this. I almost only buy from FSOT except for a few times from my local CD store and a WAHM friend.

So are you saying they buy Alva's and retag them? I just got some diaper Safari during their buy one-get one sale and havne't used them yet. They are a little big on my DD yet.
That's exactly what I'm saying.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #120
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy

I'm pretty sure Diaper safari has come on here to say they were not
I bought my Alvas and mt Diaper Safari pockets before I was aware any of this was going on. I don't see how they can say they're not Alvas when the diapers are IDENTICAL! I'm willing to post pics if necessary.
Closed Thread