Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #151
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Alva stealing prints?

The truth hurts. The diapers are cheap for a reason.......you can choose to overlook that and use them anyway, maybe that's even an absolute necessity for some.....but what's with all the anger over calling a spade a spade?

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #152
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Basically what I have gotten from this thred is that anyone who buys Alva's is not a good person since they are "voting with their money" and everyone should only buy things from companies with perfect ethical policies/practices. All CD mammas sould buy from WAHM or US made products and if they cant afford those items then they can use prefolds/flats. That to be a part of this communtiy you have to have certian standards on eithics and politics ect ect ect. IMO (which I am etitled to have) that is the definition of a "snob"

Personally this is no diffenet than any other company including many US companies. You can' tell me that just because a product is made in the US that all their policies/ethics are perfect.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #153
Boohakis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Don't go. Just because we disagree and have strong opinions, doesn't mean we don't want you here. this forum is awesome because of the diversity and different opinions here.
Opinions are one thing. I may not agree but you are entitled to it.
This thread has turned into something totally different.

People can disagree without being disrespectful and rude! I haven't seen anything in the thread that seemed to be attacking from Alva users but comments from opposers seem to be crossing the line!

No wonder membership in this forum is on the decline!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #154
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Ladies there have been a few reports on some comments. Please remb we have rules about respecting one another. You can get your point across with out attacking another member. For now this thread will stay open but if the reports keep happening bc moms are feeling bashed and attacked we will shut it down.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #155
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVeryBest View Post
Should I apologize that I find stealing unacceptable?

But please do not go. You do not have to agree with me to benefit from all the info you can find/ get here.
No not at all, but you are responsible for your conduct and how you choose to express your point of view.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #156
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Yep I agree, but this thread is specifically about Alva.
Yes true, but many people (not targeting your post but general points made in the course of the thread) comment about how supporting US companies and wahms is a better choice and my point was that they are not without flaws its not as black and white as many want to believe.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #157
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
Basically what I have gotten from this thred is that anyone who buys Alva's is not a good person since they are "voting with their money" and everyone should only buy things from companies with perfect ethical policies/practices. All CD mammas sould buy from WAHM or US made products and if they cant afford those items then they can use prefolds/flats. That to be a part of this communtiy you have to have certian standards on eithics and politics ect ect ect. IMO (which I am etitled to have) that is the definition of a "snob"

Personally this is no diffenet than any other company including many US companies. You can' tell me that just because a product is made in the US that all their policies/ethics are perfect.
I never said what other people should buy with their money. I said *I* don't choose to buy alva because of their business practices. How is that being a snob?

I don't think DS should allow alva coops because of the legal issue, but as a business themselves I hold them to a different standard.

Last edited by *Peanut*; 11-20-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #158
jesscorine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With the price of BG & Swaddlebees, you'd think they weren't shipping their manufacturing off to China in the first place. Hmm?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #159
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Wow some of you are rude.

While flats/prefolds may be cheaper I've yet to hear of a daycare or nursery that will accept them. Alvas are a viable option for many families. If ppl weren't importing the stolen prints then ppl could not buy them.

And how many so called American companies actually have their diapers made here anyway? For many ppl a 5.00 diaper versus a 20.00 diapers means the difference in being able to cloth diaper or not.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #160
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is a pretty civil conversation, imo. Maybe I've just been part of message boards for waaaay too long and have seen too many explosive threads but this is pretty peaceful compared to what you will find elsewhere. People have passionate opinions about this topic. If you don't agree with them, it doesn't make it rude or disrespectful, its just a difference of opinion. We are not a bunch of snobs, we are a diverse group of women with differing opinions and ideas about what we feel is or is not ethical when it comes to business practices. That's not a slam to people that purchase the products. I don't think its fair to say its bullying and rude to talk about it when all we are doing is having open dialogue about a important issue in the industry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

Closed Thread