Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #161
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by november
This is a pretty civil conversation, imo. Maybe I've just been part of message boards for waaaay too long and have seen too many explosive threads but this is pretty peaceful compared to what you will find elsewhere. People have passionate opinions about this topic. If you don't agree with them, it doesn't make it rude or disrespectful, its just a difference of opinion. We are not a bunch of snobs, we are a diverse group of women with differing opinions and ideas about what we feel is or is not ethical when it comes to business practices. That's not a slam to people that purchase the products. I don't think its fair to say its bullying and rude to talk about it when all we are doing is having open dialogue about a important issue in the industry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
YES!

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #162
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Alva stealing prints?

^^ People would different reply to, "I need cheap aio's or pockets for daycare," vs, " I need cheap diapers." When people hear, "I need inexpensive diapers," they think flats and prefolds.

Why can't alva just not steal prints? THAT is what is upsetting most people.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #163
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I wanted to add the wahm behind grovia did not ask us to stop running alva diapers all together just not the prints that are already owned. Sally and I decided after talking a LONG time last night it would be for the best not to run it here.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #164
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscorine
With the price of BG & Swaddlebees, you'd think they weren't shipping their manufacturing off to China in the first place. Hmm?
Swaddlebees are made in Arkansas. BumGenius are made in the US and Egypt.

Profit margin on industry brand diapers is remarkably low. So low that it's hard for the product to gain retailers--that's why your local baby boutique probably doesn't carry cloth. If you're choosing to go into the CD business rather than some other business, you're choosing a tiny markup that gets mostly eaten up by your overhead. The rest of the baby retail world gets to enjoy 100-200% markups, but in this business, the consumer base needs the investment to save them money, so it's not possible.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #165
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
This is a pretty civil conversation, imo. Maybe I've just been part of message boards for waaaay too long and have seen too many explosive threads but this is pretty peaceful compared to what you will find elsewhere. People have passionate opinions about this topic. If you don't agree with them, it doesn't make it rude or disrespectful, its just a difference of opinion. We are not a bunch of snobs, we are a diverse group of women with differing opinions and ideas about what we feel is or is not ethical when it comes to business practices. That's not a slam to people that purchase the products. I don't think its fair to say its bullying and rude to talk about it when all we are doing is having open dialogue about a important issue in the industry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
Agree.

I don't get how not wanting to support Alva (or the like) is a slam to someone who does. It's my opinion and what works for my family. If Alva is a necessity for you.......or even just a diaper you want to use then shouldn't you be secure in the decision you've made? Why is some random person on the internets
differing opinion such an offense to you? You want to use Alva.....do it....but I personally disagree with supporting the company and a entitled to that opinion just as you are entitled to yours. And I shouldn't be called names because of it.

Thank goodness my DD is pt'd, I'd hoped to stick around because I love cloth and have learned a thing or 2 over the almost 4 years I've been at this but this is ridiculous.......this place has changed. I'm not going to stick around and be called a snob.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #166
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
No not at all, but you are responsible for your conduct and how you choose to express your point of view.
I guess it would have been better to say " it doesn't bother you that the company steals" instead of " a couple of stolen prints, who cares"

I am sorry, I was just shocked to find that one of the moderators doesn't see a problem in it.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #167
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Swaddlebees are made in Arkansas. BumGenius are made in the US and Egypt.

Profit margin on industry brand diapers is remarkably low. So low that it's hard for the product to gain retailers--that's why your local baby boutique probably doesn't carry cloth. If you're choosing to go into the CD business rather than some other business, you're choosing a tiny markup that gets mostly eaten up by your overhead. The rest of the baby retail world gets to enjoy 100-200% markups, but in this business, the consumer base needs the investment to save them money, so it's not possible.

Where is this info bc i wondered this myself? Im pretty much exclusively bg.

ETA all my bg tags say Made in USA so i thought they were made here.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #168
March
Registered Users
seller

Select products, which I think include the prints, are manufactured in Egypt. The manufacturing plant in Egypt advertises that it can be contacted to make diapers--I have to wonder if they (or a sneaky employee) breached their contract with BG and got that fabric in Alva's hands.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #169
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
Agree.

I don't get how not wanting to support Alva (or the like) is a slam to someone who does. It's my opinion and what works for my family. If Alva is a necessity for you.......or even just a diaper you want to use then shouldn't you be secure in the decision you've made? Why is some random person on the internets
differing opinion such an offense to you? You want to use Alva.....do it....but I personally disagree with supporting the company and a entitled to that opinion just as you are entitled to yours. And I shouldn't be called names because of it.

Thank goodness my DD is pt'd, I'd hoped to stick around because I love cloth and have learned a thing or 2 over the almost 4 years I've been at this but this is ridiculous.......this place has changed. I'm not going to stick around and be called a snob.
Don't go.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #170
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Select products, which I think include the prints, are manufactured in Egypt. The manufacturing plant in Egypt advertises that it can be contacted to make diapers--I have to wonder if they (or a sneaky employee) breached their contract with BG and got that fabric in Alva's hands.
But even my prints say made in usa hmmm
Closed Thread