Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #271
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28

This made me laugh really hard.
Yes!
(Fist-bump)
(No smileys on my phone)

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #272
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Alva stealing prints?

ok... just read the last couple pages and lol... how was I not reading this?!

and ORGANIC COTTON FLATS- woohoo! I'll be getting some. I don't need them, but oh. I. do.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #273
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep all of the manufacturers frequent here, several pages back cotton babies and GroVia posted in this thread. I didn't know the Amish made Carmel, it sounds good. Too bad I love on the West Coast. I doubt I'll ever get any. :-(
Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #274
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Well. After reading all of this I have established that I can purchase any Alvas a like, stolen prints or not, because I won't be breaking any laws.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #275
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
Well. After reading all of this I have established that I can purchase any Alvas a like, stolen prints or not, because I won't be breaking any laws.
Puppydog,

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2320

It is ILLEGAL to knowingly sell counterfeit goods. It is also illegal to knowingly import or export counterfeit goods. If you buy them direct from China and KNOW they are infringing on someones trademarked design... it is illegal. If you know and resale the item(new or used!), it is illegal. If you know and send it to a friend in another country (or sell to Canada for example) that is exporting it and is illegal.

This is not a "moral" issue. If you don't know, you can't be prosecuted. But if it can be proved that you knew, and you "import" them... you can be prosecuted. (Obviously they go after people who import in quantity and a mom like you would be too small a fish to fry. But just because you would get away with it doesn't mean it is not illegal) Also you could be sued by the owner of the copyrighted item if you sell it. You could be sued by the buyer.

Some online places(like Ebay) if a "fake" is reported... The seller has to refund and the buyer takes the item to the police to be destroyed. (This is done even if the seller didn't know the item was a knock-off)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #276
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Huzzah!!!!

It went from

"Oh Noez! Alvas stole a cotton baby print"

To

"Alva is the devil"

And

"You hurt my feelings"

To

"Can anyone really know how ethically ANY diapers are made?"

To

Popcorn. Amish popcorn.
Thats how it usually plays out
Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #277
TwistedBranches
Registered Users
Formerly: MommaCrunch82
seller
seller

My Mood:
I finally made it to the end of the thread. Now I want some Amish Popcorn!

But, it's very informative!

And, I am ALL for new BG Prints! I have all of the artist series, and Albert and Lovelace!

FWIW, I have Alva in my stash, and a few sun baby prints as well- but none of those mentioned. I didn't realize the copyright issues until I saw the obviously copied lovelace print. Good info about ALL the companies! I love that the WAHM based companies are posting to this thread and answering questions!

Follow me on Pinterest! || Twisted Branches Woodburnings || TwistedBranches WAHM Thread
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #278
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Puppydog,

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2320

It is ILLEGAL to knowingly sell counterfeit goods. It is also illegal to knowingly import or export counterfeit goods. If you buy them direct from China and KNOW they are infringing on someones trademarked design... it is illegal. If you know and resale the item(new or used!), it is illegal. If you know and send it to a friend in another country (or sell to Canada for example) that is exporting it and is illegal.

This is not a "moral" issue. If you don't know, you can't be prosecuted. But if it can be proved that you knew, and you "import" them... you can be prosecuted. (Obviously they go after people who import in quantity and a mom like you would be too small a fish to fry. But just because you would get away with it doesn't mean it is not illegal) Also you could be sued by the owner of the copyrighted item if you sell it. You could be sued by the buyer.

Some online places(like Ebay) if a "fake" is reported... The seller has to refund and the buyer takes the item to the police to be destroyed. (This is done even if the seller didn't know the item was a knock-off)
I was being facitious because many people have said as long as they don't go into the US it isn't illegal.

I will buy Alva because its what I can afford and I want to cloth diaper. I won't buy the "stolen" prints because, not only do I not like them but I don't think its ethical, not matter where you live.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #279
HeatherDanae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are "cartoon diapers" the same as Alvas?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #280
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDanae View Post
Are "cartoon diapers" the same as Alvas?
I wondered this as well. Could they possibly have the licensing for all of the cartoons they use on their products?
Closed Thread