Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #311
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow it took me half a day to read this whole thing but I did! Sheesh that you forever.

I love my Alva diapers but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I will be sharing it with a coop I'm in that does Alva diapers.

I would never put sunbabies in the same category though. The mom that owns the business really is or at least tries to be fair to her workers and customers and is very nice if you email with her. I have never seen knock off/stolen prints from her and will continue to buy from her.

I'm pretty sure I won't be buying anymore Alva diapers though and hopefully as I save up money can get some wahm diapers.

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #312
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Alva stealing prints?

Maybe I'm missing the point....
Alva using Grovia prints = stealing
Sunbaby using copyright designs (Hello Kitty) = ok since it's not from another cd company? Or ok since SB got caught and is no longer making them.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #313
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer
Sunbaby using copyright designs (Hello Kitty) = ok since it's not from another cd company? Or ok since SB got caught and is no longer making them.
Neither is ok in my book. The only Alvas I own are 13 three layer bamboo inserts I bought from another mama.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 11-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #314
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer
I thought SB buys up leftover yardage of fabric so their diapers are like limited edition. It would make more sense then that they just bought up extra licensed fabric but didn't get the proper clearance to use it for making a product for resale. IMO that's totally different than having your designers rip off another companies personally designed fabric. Very different. One is a "oops" you learn from and know better next time. The other one is a "you know better" and are doing it specifically to cater to the lower price point by imitating a branded fabric pattern.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #315
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

I thought SB buys up leftover yardage of fabric so their diapers are like limited edition. It would make more sense then that they just bought up extra licensed fabric but didn't get the proper clearance to use it for making a product for resale. IMO that's totally different than having your designers rip off another companies personally designed fabric. Very different. One is a "oops" you learn from and know better next time. The other one is a "you know better" and are doing it specifically to cater to the lower price point by imitating a branded fabric pattern.
I've never read that they didn't have the right to use it. Hello kitty is not an American company and who knows how Japan does business with China. If there is documentation I've never seen it but yeah like I said she tries to be ethical unlike Alva that blatantly is stealing prints. I just don't think you can lump those two companies together other than they are both Chinese which many have made it very clear they don't want to buy from, which is fine I was just stating my feelings and plans for the future.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #316
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't know anything about SunBaby but I do know many other diaper companies COULD NOT use Hello Kitty. I also know that some diapers were seized by customs due to copyright issues. That was posted on the co-op forum. I can't remember which though.

ETA: that was back in July. Just re-read the co-op info.
Jodie ~ wife & mama

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 11-22-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #317
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Weird, I did a google search and couldn't find anything on it. Though, there is a difference between American companies using something owned by a different country (Like Hello Kitty which is Japanese) and who is allowed to in other countries (say China). Now, I'm not saying she didn't illegally use it I have no idea I don't know enough on it but just because companies in the US aren't allowed to use it (I'm assuming that's who you are talking about) doesn't automatically mean someone in another country isn't allowed to. kwim?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #318
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13
And its gross! I think so anyway! I only like air popped amish hull free popcorn drizzled with coconut oil with a dash of salt.
That is an oddly placed dp. Anyway to the mama who asked yes I buy amish popcorn kernels not like already popped. One store here sells all kinds and I like the variety. Blue, blackberry, red, baby blue, yellow, white and rainbow!

The coconut oil isnt sweet. I can hardly tell the difference between it and butter tbh. It's just easier than butter because I use coconut oil for everything. Really.

Eta lets get back to the important info mkay? Popcorn.

Last edited by newmommy13; 11-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #319
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Coconut has a really high burn temp, which makes it perfect for popcorn. No burn flavor, yummy greasiness and it keeps longer too.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #320
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13

That is an oddly placed dp. Anyway to the mama who asked yes I buy amish popcorn kernels not like already popped. One store here sells all kinds and I like the variety. Blue, blackberry, red, baby blue, yellow, white and rainbow!

The coconut oil isnt sweet. I can hardly tell the difference between it and butter tbh. It's just easier than butter because I use coconut oil for everything. Really.

Eta lets get back to the important info mkay? Popcorn.
Yep. Coconut oil is used at many movie theaters too. I use it or canola oil, depending on my mood. I only eat stove-popped popcorn. I'm definitely a popcorn snob

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Closed Thread