Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
ngarza86
Registered Users

Smile New here and REALLY want to cloth diaper!

Hi u guys! I'm a mother of 3 girls 8, 5, 3 month old. I'm trying to learn my way around DS but it seems kind of overwhelming. I have seen some post of good diapers that I would like to h. If anybody has any tips for me. Pleae let me know..... I am currently reading all the f.a.q. to help me out. I'm thinking of trying out some fitteds and or pockets. We'lljust have to do trial and error.

Advertisement

ngarza86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi mama! It is SO overwhelming at first. And then you get it figured out and your baby grows and it changes :/. These ladies on here have a ton of advice and every baby is different. Just read some of the threads and ask questions. Everyone is very helpful. And you can get some great deals buying used so you can figure out what works best for you. Personally my favorites at the moment are covers with prefolds as inserts and fitteds with covers. But that may change next week! Lol

Feel free to message me anytime. If I don't know the answer I bet we can find someone who does . Good luck! It's a lot easier to do than you think!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Re: New here and REALLY want to cloth diaper!

I'm not going to be any help with the diapers because I use AIOs. You should seriously look into a diaper trial like at Nicki's Diapers or Jillian's Drawers. I think the one at Jillian's is only $10 and it will let you try a bunch to see what you like and don't like.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
And nickis will let you return any within 15 days. You just have to pay shipping.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Nat4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm pretty recent to CD too, and am realizing it's A LOT of trial and error. It can be a little frustrating, but kind of exciting and fun to figure it all out too.

I'd say research different diapering options a bunch, make a list of ones you want to try, then stalk the FSOT for great deals. Get a couple of each of your options, see how they work, and go from there. It's worked for us so far, anyway. :-)

And as far as DS goes, it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, but just jump in! Read a bunch of posts, click on links to see what they are, read the FAQs, etc. It won't take long before you'll get it.

And finally, welcome!! It's really a fabulous site, with such amazing support. :-) Good luck and enjoy!
Nat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

You got some great advice already!