Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
SavageMamma
Registered Users

So I've been having a more difficult time getting pregnant this time around and suffered a loss (6wks) in august/Sept.
I wanted some help and was wondering if anyone could tell me success stories of vitex and or red raspberry leaf tea? I plan on taking them starting today as its the first day of AF. It's been over 6 mth of actively trying and while I know thats not long, it's still discouraging and disheartening.
If there are any other herbs or natural things that have helped you ladies I would love to hear of them too!
TIA!

Advertisement

Last edited by SavageMamma; 11-22-2012 at 12:56 PM.
SavageMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: vitex and red raspberry tea

I've taken Vitex twice, and gotten pregnant twice while on it, with sticky beans - one was Levi, one was Elliana.
I don't know for sure that it actually made a difference in fertility, as Levi was conceived the first cycle I took it, and Elliana was conceived the second cycle on it. I've read differing opinions on whether it can have an effect that quickly or not.

Personally, I do think it was doing something for me. I have basically all the symptoms of low progesterone with my cycles including bad cramping about 5 days before AF starts, bad PMS b!tchiness before AF, bad cramping while on AF, very heavy clotty flow, and they last anywhere from 10 to 12 days.
After only taking Vitex for a one cycle (not the one when I conceived Levi, but the cycle before conceiving Elli) I noticed a HUGE decrease in those symptoms - almost no cramping before AF, much more even-keeled emotions, no cramping on AF, much lighter bleeding, less clots, and it lasted only about about 8 or 9 days, IIRC - definitely lighter and shorter than previously.

Now, that could have been a coincidence, I guess. But I don't think it was.
Then again, I have no idea how we conceived this baby if I needed the Vitex and wasn't taking it.
I do plan to let ppAF come and see how it goes, but it if's getting heavy/clotty/etc, I'm starting Vitex right away! We'll be done with pregnancies after Hiccup comes, but I would love to decrease the PMS crap if I can.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both of my LOs were conceived on Vitex. I'm a total believer. With DS I had an anovulatory cycle, then started Vitex and got AF 10 days later, 14 days after that I was pg. With DD I was nursing and tried a couple of cycles before going back on the Vitex. It was still a few more months (and a few other natural interventions) but we did get pg. I'm TTA at the moment for timing reasons but I've been on it since getting off BC 3m ago and my cycle has totally normalized. I'm hoping when we start trying next month it will help with a quick BFP!

Have you thought about Maca? I took that with DD and I'm on it again now. I read a lot about it and there are few downsides so I tried it. Can't hurt. GL!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
SavageMamma
Registered Users

Thanks ladies! My cycle is regular like clockwork which is another reason why its discouraging! Will vitex and maca still help?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMamma View Post
Thanks ladies! My cycle is regular like clockwork which is another reason why its discouraging! Will vitex and maca still help?
My cycle was regular, though short, but I had a 14 day luteal phase which is the "ideal" length from what I understand. I had 25 day cycles.
The Vitex didn't change the length of my cycles, but maybe it would if there was a luteal phase issue? It just helped with all the other stuff.

I would give it a shot. There's really no cons to trying it, other than being out the $$ if it does nothing.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMamma
So I've been having a more difficult time getting pregnant this time around and suffered a loss (6wks) in august/Sept.
I wanted some help and was wondering if anyone could tell me success stories of vitex and or red raspberry leaf tea? I plan on taking them starting today as its the first day of AF. It's been over 6 mth of actively trying and while I know thats not long, it's still discouraging and disheartening.
If there are any other herbs or natural things that have helped you ladies I would love to hear of them too!
TIA!
I have gotten pg within 2 cycles of taking vitex each time I have tried it. I have tried it for 3 pregnancies. I really like it.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Kimmyboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm actually planning to buy some tomorrow as i have been reading up on it. We're TTC too and it is very discouraging. My hubby smokes(not a TON but still) and he won't stop so I know that could be a big part of it. I know he will stop when he is ready but sometimes I just want to smack him silly lol

When did you all start taking the Vitex? I got my period yesterday, can I take the Vitex tomorrow right after I buy it?

eta-did you take the 400mg one? I believe that one is the extract capsules not the fruit which I believe are 80mg.

Last edited by Kimmyboo; 11-23-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Kimmyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm interested in this too. Also, is this a tea or a pill? Where do you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want to know also.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
SavageMamma
Registered Users

I bought the 80mg capsules and I have been taking 2 a day per instructions. I've heard to start while on AF so it keeps your cycle relatively the same. The thing I need to know is if you can take it in the first trimester as well? I thought AF was here but it was a bit of spotting. I was due around this weekend so we shall see. I'm going to hold off testing until next weekend.
I bought maca (capsules) as well and have been taking 2a day as well.