Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Re: WHY are MILs so terrible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I absolutely love my MIL. And FIL isn't so bad either! I consider myself to be incredibly blessed.
Ditto this! I love my MIL and FIL. They're my *real* parents to me. They're fatastic, generous, intelligent people. They offer advice but understant that we need to parent on our own terms.

My poor DH is the one who got the crappy-end of the stick in the in-law department. My parents are nutty and awful...

Advertisement

Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my MIL. She is the opposite of what I often see portrayed on Diaperswappers.

I am so scared for that day when I become a MIL though.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

I'm pretty lucky now compared to what it used to be. MIL is making an effort with me and me with her. That wasn't always the case.

SIL and I? Red flag to a bull, both ways! LOL
Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, in my MIL's case it's that she can't let go at all. When DH visits, she tries to keep him there forever. He is a husband with 3 small children, his responsibilities lie here now. Also she's a raging [name of female dog].

My other ILs are all right, they just have no boundaries which is annoying.
momtoGcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

I think my issue with ILs has a ton to do with the fact that they know everything and we are complete idiots. While I may have normally just had fun with this my DH has not yet realized he is a grown man and no longer needs to do things just how his parents want him to. So the minute I see them and they open those big mouths I am ready to run for the door I envy those with good relationships as I watched my parents grow up hating each others families and never wanted that for myself/family. I feel like I have ruined any chances of a good relationship by letting my feelings show. Luckily the economy tanked and we moved to my home state far away from his...woohoo!!
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the most supportive in laws. It is my own mom amd dad that cause us so many problems.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

Oh ladies! This has been the theme of the day for me. Really the entire weekend.
We were not sure if we were going to be able to go to my il's house for Thanksgiving.(6 hours away). My sil asked me a few weeks ago if we were coming and I told her we weren't sure yet. So this weekend, on our way to our boys soccer tournament(that she has yet to ask about/how the boys did etc.) she calls and informs me that we are all having pictures made while we are there. I need to wear this, dh needs to wear this, and my children need to wear this. I told her we may not be able to come and she flips! She told me to tell dh that it would have been great to know this before she made soooo many plans for us, and so on!
At the beginning of the conversation she asked what we were doing. I told her headed to the boys tournament and she says sarcastically "Oh...yay!"
Now, I love and respect this woman because she raised one heck of a man...but good grief she gets under my skin.
She even had the nerve, while I was in labor with our first child(their 2nd grandchild), to say "There is just nothing like that first grandchild."!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!
Anyway, I could go on all day about her!
FIL is a really great guy, but he knows to do exactly what she says or he will regret it and that makes him not so enjoyable either!
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

What happens when it is your own family you can't get along with, but you get along with your inlaws superbly?? LOL It's quite opposite on my end. I love my MIL, but can't stand my own mother. hehe

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
Ditto this! I love my MIL and FIL. They're my *real* parents to me. They're fatastic, generous, intelligent people. They offer advice but understant that we need to parent on our own terms.

My poor DH is the one who got the crappy-end of the stick in the in-law department. My parents are nutty and awful...
That's how it is with us also. I consider my inlaws my "real" family.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My mil said the same thing about DS's amber necklace. And his pink flip. And remember that episode of toddlers and tiaras with the boy that loved to dance and do pageants? She was always like, "why is his mom trying to MAKE him gay?" And now accuses me of trying to make my son gay.. Did I mention his middle name, Moisés, is for HER gay brother?! Omg she makes my skin crawl.

She's watched him today and yesterday because I have this black plague sweeping through San Antonio. I texted her a simple, "if he's getting cranky he normally naps at noon. Thank you for watching him!" Because she ordinarily REFUSES to help with him because she's too busy raising her other kids' kids (9mos and 15mos). Do you think she texted me back? Nope.

Brb, gonna go hulk smash some laundry.