Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #71
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY are MILs so terrible?

I know why it hard to get along sometimes its hard for mil to realize she cant be alpha in your family. She does not understand why she cant call all the shots. After advice is given more than once its not advice its called nagging. My kids are not like your kids when they where little their completely different little people.

Advertisement

Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #72
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mother in law could be a pain. She bugged me. Her health has declined in our 15 years of marriage. It makes me wish I hadn't complained or been so bugged out by her. I'd rather have those days of her just walking into in my house without knocking; her "tips" on how to cook...etc. than see her the way she is now.

Not trying to be a downer, just made me think about her.

I have a SIL who is not very welcoming of my us--(she is married to my brother)...so I get the inlaws being jerks vent.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #73
Mercy24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My MIL is a nut job. Apparently she used to be this really awesome hardcore lady but her husband has beat it out of her and now she's just a lazy, spineless drunk. She won't leave step-FIL and does nothing but drink, ignore her children (2 of whom are under 16), and complain about her life. She drives me insane and I refuse to be anywhere near her.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #74
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my ILs.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #75
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy24
My MIL is a nut job. Apparently she used to be this really awesome hardcore lady but her husband has beat it out of her and now she's just a lazy, spineless drunk. She won't leave step-FIL and does nothing but drink, ignore her children (2 of whom are under 16), and complain about her life. She drives me insane and I refuse to be anywhere near her.
That's terrible what a sad story.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #76
Tammy and Parker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

huh.

I'm a MIL, and I happen to think I'm pretty damn awesome.
Tammy and Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #77
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy and Parker
huh.

I'm a MIL, and I happen to think I'm pretty damn awesome.
Well I'll obviously be the best mil ever, its all the other ones that are terrible
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #78
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My MIL has done things that make me want to scream!
She does have her good moments though.
Fil is a sick pig who exposed himself to me and still takes any opportunity out of earshot of others to direct his sick innuendo at me

One Sil I love now although we didn't always get along. They live in inlaws basement apartment.
Her boyfriend is an abusive *** who regularly make the whole house smell like pot.

Other sil is verbally abusive/swearing at her kids in front of mine and has been for years. Even though now she has recently become a " born again Christian " it still happens on a regular basis.

They had kids first and we always did gift exchange for the kids Christmas and birthday.
The year we had an even number of kids they decided they didn't want to do it anymore at Christmas. Now that we recently out number them by one they didn't say anything but just didn't even acknowledge our kids birthdays after just celebrating their own kids during the summer. ( not a money issue)
They didn't even post happy birthday on fb with everyone else.

Yet she posts regularly looking for a pat on the back about donating their old junk. Along with bible quotes.

They use MIL even when her health was poor as a ft nanny during the week and up until recently the spent a lot of the weekend there to. ( now they have hockey and church)
Bil is a pretty quiet decent guy.

Back to Mil
When dh and I went to her with fils behavior her reaction was to ban me from their property and not speak to me unless necessary until I got pregnant with DD1.

She enabled DHs addiction issues by giving him money and making me out to be the controlling enemy. Intentionally keeping info from me that could have helped me know what was going on.

Never having time for our kids. When each of our kids have been born she has taken several days to come see them.
With dd2 she drove practically by our house and didn't bother to stop in on the way back from BILs house.

There is a lot more but this is now a book.

Last edited by mommy24babes; 11-21-2012 at 07:39 AM.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #79
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma
I love my ILs.
Me too!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #80
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoGcubed View Post
Well, in my MIL's case it's that she can't let go at all.
That is how mine is. It took years for her to realize that she didn't need to know every tiny detail of our life, including our bank account balances, how much DH got for a bonus, how much we paid for our car, etc.

Now though, I don't talk to her on the phone when she calls. She drives me nuts. Just in general and because of some of the crap she's pulled in the past that I can't let go.