Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Where should my DD sit?

I bought a 2002 Kia Rio. The middle seat has just a lap belt and the other two seats has the normal lap and shoulder belt. DD is almost 10 years old, 4'2" or so and 65lbs. She is in a backless Graco booster. Right now I have her in the middle but I am thinking this is unsafe, due to no shoulder belt. Is this true? I will move her, it is no biggie. No one else rides with us usually. If someone does it is an adult up front.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Re: Where should my DD sit?

Absolutely she needs a lap/shoulder belt. Lap only belts are not a safe option for anything except installing a harnessed car seat. Glad you asked!
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where should my DD sit?

Yup, boosters can only be used with lap/shoulder belts, not with lap only belts, so you've gotta move her to one side or the other - personally, I like the passenger side if she needs no help buckling (assuming that with her age) cuz then she can get out on the side away from traffic when parking on the street.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Yup, boosters can only be used with lap/shoulder belts, not with lap only belts, so you've gotta move her to one side or the other - personally, I like the passenger side if she needs no help buckling (assuming that with her age) cuz then she can get out on the side away from traffic when parking on the street.
Oh geez I didn't know that about lap shoulder. Blush.
She already gets out that side. I would prefer it for handing things. We recently had tummy bug and she the up twice in the car. Thankid goodness for quick action it was only in a bag.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.