Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #121
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are we stuck in the 1950's???

Man my hats off to you gals who bounce back and have it covered! With my first, I was fine and bounced back pretty well after a c-section. When my second one came, I was just plain exhausted and just tried to make it through the day.

This humorous photo is more me in regards to the article/blog, well and to be honest, daily life! [again, humor folks ]

Advertisement

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #122
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
Man my hats off to you gals who bounce back and have it covered! With my first, I was fine and bounced back pretty well after a c-section. When my second one came, I was just plain exhausted and just tried to make it through the day.

This humorous photo is more me in regards to the article/blog, well and to be honest, daily life! [again, humor folks ]
You had time for a shower??? No fair! I still feel like I have witnessed a miracle when I shower and the house didn't burn down. My boys are 2 and 3.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #123
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
You had time for a shower??? No fair! I still feel like I have witnessed a miracle when I shower and the house didn't burn down. My boys are 2 and 3.
I am super woman Okay, every few days in the beginning. And I wore these nice baggy jogging pants that my husband hated
Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #124
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

I shared that one a couple days ago when I saw it. I saw someone say "Hey!No fair! She gets to shower!"

Getting through my day with all the kids is tougher on me than childbirth (well not really but I've thought that a few times!) They exhaust me more for sure though!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #125
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
I shared that one a couple days ago when I saw it. I saw someone say "Hey!No fair! She gets to shower!"

Getting through my day with all the kids is tougher on me than childbirth (well not really but I've thought that a few times!) They exhaust me more for sure though!
right!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #126
aimeeturd
Registered Users

My Mood:
I wish it was the 1950's. I totally want to be Donna Reed!
aimeeturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #127
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeeturd View Post
I wish it was the 1950's. I totally want to be Donna Reed!
Hmmmmm trying to pick who I would want to be! Grace Kelly maybe?

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #128
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Wow. I find this really condescending. I hope I'm mis-reading your tone.

I was never told not to lift 15+ lbs after birth. Ever. I'm pg with my 4th baby. I guess that could be important if a mama had a c/s??? I dunno.

Women all over the world have babies and then go back to work immediately. I kind of think that while moms need time to heal, they don't need to be told what NOT to do other than "if it hurts, you should stop" seems like a pretty good rule of thumb to me.

I've also lifted all kinds of heavy things during and immediately after pregnancy. Including but not limited to: my 30+ lb older kids who still need/want to be held by their mommy.
I have had 3 normal deliveries 2 without stitches and minimal tearing and was told "Nothing heavier than the baby." all 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
Well sure the woman in the third world country doesn't have a choice. She's got to get out there and do what she has to do to survive. But you can't tell me that a woman in a first world country with a fully functioning DH doesn't have a choice- unless she's stuck in a patriarchal marriage where she is subservient to her husband who is put on God like status such that he needs his floor mopped on hands and knees (recommended in the article) in the postpartum period. That's just crazy talk. And moving boxes into a Uhaul 2-3 days after delivery? That's not something to boast about. If I had done that 2-3 days after delivery, my husband would be ashamed of himself for not stepping up to the plate, being a man, and allowing my body to recover from childbirth.
Exactly! We moved 3 weeks before my oldest was born. If I lifted anything heavier than a book or a hairbrush my husband was down my throat telling me to knock off the martyr crap and just handle carrying clothes...my gosh, he'd feel like such a wretched tool and not a man/provider/husband if I were jumping up lifting 30lb boxes. He doesn't even like me lifting heavy stuff when I'm **not** pregnant/recovering because "He's the man" and it's his job to take care of his little woman haha

I sent DH this list and he replied back "That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. The only thing that matters in that first few months is you healing and taking care of the baby. It's MY job to take care of you."

Thank God I married a real man and not some namby pambly wuss who was going to get all butt hurt because I'm not putting out on the freaking delivery bed.

No way in he(( am I going to be mopping the dang floor on my hands and knees in the buff when I'm gushing blood and have hemis the size of oranges popping out of my butt...now THAT is sexy
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 11-21-2012 at 09:11 AM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #129
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I do send him pictures of the kids through the day, but that's about it...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #130
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae View Post
I have had 3 normal deliveries 2 without stitches and minimal tearing and was told "Nothing heavier than the baby." all 3 times.

Exactly! We moved 3 weeks before my oldest was born. If I lifted anything heavier than a book or a hairbrush my husband was down my throat telling me to knock off the martyr crap and just handle carrying clothes...my gosh, he'd feel like such a wretched tool and not a man/provider/husband if I were jumping up lifting 30lb boxes. He doesn't even like me lifting heavy stuff when I'm **not** pregnant/recovering because "He's the man" and it's his job to take care of his little woman haha

I sent DH this list and he replied back "That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. The only thing that matters in that first few months is you healing and taking care of the baby. It's MY job to take care of you."

Thank God I married a real man and not some namby pambly wuss who was going to get all butt hurt because I'm not putting out on the freaking delivery bed.

No way in he(( am I going to be mopping the dang floor on my hands and knees in the buff when I'm gushing blood and have hemis the size of oranges popping out of my butt...now THAT is sexy
It would seem the two of you attacking my choices are the ones stuck in a patriarchal marriage if you think I need my dhs permission to do something.

I still stand by my statements. I think you should show your loved ones you are thankful for them, especially when they are having to do more than normal. I feel sorry for you dh if you disagree. I already said most of that stuff was out there, so if you want to keep bashing me for having fast and easy recoveries after delivery and resuming my life, I am going to chock it up to ignorance on your part and stop responding to this thread because this is as close to nice as I can manage at this point.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote